Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Because it puts a strain on the hospitals when Grandpa Joe gets toggled to an emergency ward because he got covid because he’s too stubborn to wear a mask.

That’s the problem.

3 Likes

Grandpa isn’t getting the virus because he took a solitary maskless stroll around the block (outside). He’s getting the virus because he touched someone else’s grandma in a “tea house” or the kids he lives with went to work and got coughed on by their nose-picking coworkers.

1 Like

Do you have a source for this?

Well, we’re all fecked then. Calling the army out and welding people in their houses will kill more people than COVID will ever take.

Chill out. We’re a few months away from getting people vaxed. It’s not like March 2020.

The problem with level 4 is the very open-ended option for “full lockdowns” that it permits. This would be equivalent to martial law. The rest of the level 4 rules are about the same as what we have now.

2 Likes

28 posts were split to a new topic: Effectiveness of anti-epidemic measures

It was a joke, like the similar comments above mine.

Sorry, was skimming through the thread.

1 Like

The point of grandpa wearing the mask is more to protect others than to protect himself, as discussed endlessly on here numerous times over the last year. Surely everyone knows that at this point? :yawning_face:

5 Likes

But we’re talking about grandpa taking a walk outside. We have over a year of evidence that the spread of the virus is driven by close contact indoors, not people taking walks and passing each other in the streets.

If there’s one thing to be learned from this whole covid era, its that conspiracy theorists absolutely cannot be reasoned with.

The answer is in the question buddy…

1 Like

I was taking issue with the implication in both posts that the mask is protecting gramps, when it’s really protecting his friends and reducing further spread (to the degree possible).

I agree that wearing masks outside may often be pointless under certain circumstances, like walks in the park. But, given the current situation, I’m fine with a blanket mandate rather than leaving it up to every idiot to decide when it’s appropriate to not wear one.

2 Likes

Don’t necessarily disagree but the outrage and “fine his ass!” energy directed at people who are maskless when they’re outside and not near anybody is counterproductive IMO. TW has much bigger problems to deal with.

3 Likes

It’s social science… much much worse.

6 Likes

Especially if you’re all alone on an empty golf course.

Guys I need your help.

The wife just messaged me from downstairs and asked when I went to Carrefour, as the one near our house has case(s?) now. I looked on my outgoing text messages to see when I was there, but the new QR text messages only include the CDC 代碼 number, not the store name, and I can’t find that store number online to compare with my outgoing text messages so I’m not sure when I went there. Now realize this is a major flaw with the new QR code system.

Is there any kind of database I can search against?

Can find it on google maps…

You mean the hypermarket and not those neighborhood stores right?

I don’t mean the phone number, I mean the CDC QR code number.

The large store on ZhongPing road.

I’m not sure how to find it except to call and ask… because those numbers are issued by CECC and only means anything to them.

Was hoping there would be a database or something I could search against.

I presume you keep the fapiao? Couldn’t you just check those?

2 Likes