Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Taipei and Kaoshiung appear to be the only places that mask far beyond what would be considered average from what I’ve seen.

I know that people don’t like the term ‘luck’ but it’s not hard to see people without masks, even in the aforementioned cities. Convenience stores…less than 50%. MRT…I see at least two people every time I ride and a dozen or so masks below noses. Elevators…there’s always that one person without a mask, generally talking on their cell phone. It’s sort of like traffic - most people actually follow rules but it’s the folks that don’t who sort of stand out.

I saw a news report that over 10k were expected per day in the week leading up to CNY.

That’s now.

Good job?

Sure, a lot of things are expected. Like I expect to avoid STDs from the Brass Monkey.

Look at the flights arriving. Find out what planes service the routes. Now you’ve got a seat count. Take that number and cut it in a third…now you’ve got a good estimate for arriving passengers.

That’s funny.

Do u also have any yellow or red alerts to share?

1 Like

You should go to a dermatologist to get that cyst on your forehead removed.

Looks like someone hasn’t had a drink or been called “Daddy” lately… :wink:

Happy to see Moderna vaccine coming. Hopefully more effective against SA strain than AstroZeneca vaccine is proving to be…

2 Likes

Just to update the train situation, I’m on the tra now and an announcement just came over the tannoy saying eating and drinking is allowed as long as you can keep social distancing.

I asked the guard what that meant and they said if no one is sitting next to you.

3 Likes

The tweaked AZ vaccine (that protects against the SA strain) is expected by Autumn, don’t worry :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.deccanherald.com/amp/international/astrazeneca-vaccine-being-tweaked-to-fight-south-africa-variant-948713.html

1 Like

Today’s report for Taiwan COVID updates (Cases #935 and #936) https://www.cdc.gov.tw/Bulletin/Detail/Dynwxm99L0D1cZuzbBWSzw?typeid=9

That is good, but there might and probably will also be new variants of the virus by then. In fact, the virus will be under intense evolutionary pressure due to the increasing number of people having natural immunity or having been vaccinated. So this will be a race of virus vs. vaccine for some time. When the first vaccines were approved last year, many people thought all very easy now, but the path out of the pandemic will not be as straight as people would wish…

1 Like

I wonder why Taiwan got half ? Taiwan is a much richer country than Colombia.

That’s not a cyst. That’s my new diamond.

Wear a mask!

1 Like

Don’t do anything with sauce that can splatter.

By then it’s already mutated again.

1 Like

The discussions I’ve been following indicate that we will likely be needing “booster shots” of vaccines for a while.

Guy

Bill Gates is working on an implant. You’ll be able to use Windows Update to download protection against new variants directly to your body from the cloud in real time. For just $6.66/month.

2 Likes

Oh, I thought it was $8.88, could’ve been $9.99. You could just eat an ‘apple’ a day.

1 Like