Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Feb-Mar 2022

Many are convinced they already got it here.

They caught it before it even existed apparently.
Quite a feat.

It’s gotta got to go.

I think it’s safe to say the phony war is over.

This is not a drill.

However if I see so much as one strip of yellow tape in any park in Taipei there will be troubles.

6 Likes

I’m like…5–10% sure that I caught it in late January when I went to Kaohsiung (so 90–95% sure it was just a regular cold, albeit an odd one).

My 83-year-old granddad tested positive last month or so in the UK when he went to hospital for something else, and he didn’t even know he had it. So hopefully I can rely on my 25% of his robust Irish genetics.

Pretty good chance to breath in a good amount of viruses here… they do survive a couple hours on plastic. Good thinking Taiwan! The heart of asia!

2 Likes

un cropped version

2 Likes

Wow! That’s one hell of a first post and initial introduction.

Welcome to Taiwan @TPEMuppet and The Flob.

3 Likes

As someone said earlier in the thread - this is probably peak vaccination status for Taiwan, right? Anyone who’s wanted it has had it, first 3 shots will start wearing off, and no one’s going to have a 4th shot.

Might as well let her rip - if not now then when.

1 Like

They should really let people take their own samples and bag them with supervision of course.

I heard there may be a new season.

There will be rumors about that for a while, but I’d be surprised if it happened. The show never got the attention or press it deserved. I do wonder if it’ll be like The Wire in another ten years - much watched, much beloved, but seen by almost no one in its time. Yet another tale of those from Baltimore not getting due respect.

But I was actually referring to the very end of the book series: TV series covers Books 1-6; novels continue, and finish, with 7-9. (Highly recommended.)

long weekend coming up.

data from SOUTH KOREA
South Korea currently has an average of 340 new deaths in a single day, bringing the total to 13,432. Among them, people over 70 years old accounted for only 6.7% of the confirmed cases, but contributed 80% of the deaths.

South Korea has incredibly high vaccination rates…86% of the entire population vaccinated. Will the elderly in taiwan be dying in droves? Hong Kong’s death rate was grim due to shitty preparations and shitty vaccination rates and shitty sinovac Chinese dumpster vaccines.

I feel an outbreak is now imminent, and I’m curious to see which way Taiwan goes. 99% of the countries in the world are going through it, or have gone through it…Only a matter of time.

1 Like

Interesting.
I’m gonna guess nearly the same wording will be for summer travel.

The nation could face a new wave of COVID-19 as people travel during the Tomb Sweeping Day four-day holiday that starts tomorrow, Minister of Health and Welfare Chen Shih-chung (陳時中) said yesterday.

The local COVID-19 situation would be closely monitored as family reunions and traveling during the holiday might cause the virus to spread faster across the nation, Minister of Health and Welfare Chen Shih-chung (陳時中), who heads the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC), said on Friday.

think they are warning us like…“it’s over”?

I’m going by my own experience. Two times 2 months apart. Second Time throat little more painful than first time and hung around bit longer.

Possibly a stronger variant out there now!

My elderly sister with advanced COPD came through no problem, mild sore throat, runny nose.

As it goes my third booster jab was a worse experience for 24 hours.

vaccine efficacy wanning?

He probably took Pfizer. The local sugar water is for the plebs

13 posts were split to a new topic: Coronavirus Taiwan Open - April 2022

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Taiwan Open - April 2022