Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Feb-Mar 2022

Remember to look at hospitalisation because of Covid. Of course more people will go to hospital with Covid as infections rise.

Covid Stats for 2022-03-31

Local = 87

Airport = 96

Quarantine = 56

Deaths = 0

New Local Cases Details

7 Likes

In Ireland .
Massive numbers of cases right now. Potentially 10% infected at any one time.
No appetite to go back to any significant restrictions at all.

Despite there being few coronavirus restrictions in Ireland, the virus is very much raging through this country.

Two days ago, Health Minister Stephen Donnelly said the true number of new Covid-19 cases is probably running at “several hundred thousand” per week and that only a Level 5 lockdown would contain the spread – which the Government has ruled out.

Everybody is going to get covid sooner or later . That’s what I don’t get about countries trying to put in heavy restrictions at this stage.

1 Like

Added some numbers

4 Likes

CDC report with details on attachments

in EN media

5 Likes

In China it’s because they chose not to have mRNA vaccines, and they have evidently realized their housemade products are shite.

Guy

3 Likes

They can get some Sputnik from their new pals :smiley:.

2 Likes

The fact Putin went hiding during COVID and now sits 20,000 feet away from his minions when meeting them may show how well Sputnik seems to work.

Guy

2 Likes

Even their domestic vaccines are not so bad, they are offering some protection. They are just worried about disruption before the plennary

But who knows what they are thinking. The country is lead by an old man who grew up in the Cultural Revolution. He is a lot closer in mentality to an old conservative grandpa in the park in Taiwan and you can see how hysterical they are. And its not a democracy

5 Likes

Headed to Hualien tomorrow. But I guess there have been cases in Taitung. NO PLACE IS SAFE!

the blob

1 Like

Is it safe to assume that nothing is going to happen?

I haven’t found any masks with designs that aren’t girly.
I’m guessing only online?

Cause it didn’t have to be this way.

Remember folks that viral load still matters.

Attending a crowded sports event indoors with everyone shouting and no one wearing masks?

Infected indirectly with most people wearing masks and good ventilation around?

Not all outcomes are the same. Do still take care.

Guy

4 Likes

This is a very good article from The Guardian examining where we are - maybe things are not quite so black and white, or simplistic, as some people are trying to make out on this forum:

4 Likes

I’d rather not end up in a hospital. Especially in Taiwan.

2 Likes

Maybe you should prepare for a rattle?

1 Like

I wonder who will be the first among us to catch the virus in country?

3 Likes

Maybe some of us already did but were asymptomatic and never noticed.

1 Like

No one does. The fact is everybody is going to get covid and it’s going to happen sooner than later. Probably within a year max.

2 Likes