Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Jan. 2022

Continuing the discussion from Coronavirus - Taiwan Open November/December 2021:

1 Like

Ooh, weā€™re just having a single thread for 2022? Optimistic!

6 Likes

Can we set up a poll to see how long it takes to get broken down into months again? I give it three weeks. :rofl:

Guy

The Guesses of the Day thread is still there.

How about guesses till the great unmasking. Iā€™m going with April 1. :no_mouth:

April Foolā€™s

Iā€™d bet on a great re-masking around January 20th. Not that we ever stopped, but itā€™ll get stricter again. I donā€™t know what thatā€™ll mean for restaurants.

1 Like

My money is on 2024. And no I am not being pessimistic. I think thatā€™ll be the end of the ā€œintermediateā€ stage of this pandemic, when we finally get to the other sideā€”alive!

Guy

2 Likes

Itā€™s going to last for a very long time. A lot of people have had their heads done in by all this, and theyā€™ll feel ā€œunsafeā€ without their masks. A small and shrill minority will therefore insist that everyone around them keep wearing them forever, and the law might well support them.

:rofl:

Thank you for the early laughs in 2022.

Guy

1 Like

C J Hopkins got into an argument with some mad bint from the EFF on Twitter about her right to be protected from death (which, supposedly, would be the immediate outcome for her if his unvaxed body were allowed into a restaurant). Thereā€™s a lot of that sort of thing about. It wonā€™t be sufficient for the politicians to just say ā€œyou can take your masks off nowā€. Theyā€™ll probably have to issue a mandate compelling people to take them off.

2 Likes

Itā€™s lower today - 0 + 21 = 21 and no deaths.

6 Likes

7 Likes

And given that the ā€œGeneralā€ thread has not been replaced, any non Taiwan related talk should go into the Humbug thread eh?

1 Like

Pretty much! :grin:

Guy

1 Like

Whatā€™s that? I replaced the main Open thread in my alcohol-fueled binge last night.

Hah!

1 Like

Its OK, my mistake, missed that 2022 one.
:flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

1 Like

Arse. Iā€™ll come back and remind you of that prediction.

(That arse is an exclamation, not an insult)

1 Like

Iā€™ll be here! :grin:

Happy new year to you too!

Guy

1 Like