Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Jan. 2022

The question I am asking myself - how many tests are they doing on non arrivals each day?
Or do you think they just decide at the lab to call it a negative even though it’s a positive if no travel history confirmed?
Last year they decided that people need to get vaccinated to lifted that policy for a short while because they knew without panic no-one gets vaccinated?

Yes the rapid tests - done in the nose instead of the back of your throat will mostly be false negative with omicron - especially if done the Taiwan way - deep in very short and out - while the instructions of those tests now don’t mention anything about deep anymore - but turn around in each nostril for 5 times (because the test manufacturers determined they have to be in contact for at least 30 seconds).

It would need to be quite a big conspiracy to keep it under the hood. But yeah reading how many food products here have vitamin D added - the government could have just quietly told manufacturers to double the dosage - and then covid IMHO would just never be noticed for 1-2 years - as common cold would drop down a lot too.

Remember at the beginning they were strictly agains self tests…
I kinda feel you cannot keep such a conspiracy under the hood for 2 years ongoing. But yeah if you just treat tests differently and drop it at the labs - it should be possible.