Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Jan. 2022

No surprise here. Just government oversight again, as usual.

1 Like

One of the cleaners who tested positive apparently went to a local market to sell some items on 12/31, but it’s unclear if they were contagious or even infected then.

Not that I give a duck except for the inconvenience that’s coming but close the border. Omicron is pouring in.

Why should we go into lockdown because of a bunch of Taiwanese Americans?

3 Likes

Just like 21 months ago when they came running back to Taiwan to get the treatment on the NHI.

2 Likes

Their vape clouds are probably swarming with omicron…

2 Likes

They do love their vapes.

1 Like

I totally couldn’t give a shit except for the lockdowns that will follow. Is anyone here who was vaccinated really more scared of dying or getting hospitalized from Omicron, than living under Level 3 or 4 conditions again?

2 Likes

The four cases – which includes one announced by the CECC late Monday evening – involved three airport parking lot cleaners who take the same shuttle bus to work and a taxi driver tasked with driving travelers who have just arrived in Taiwan to quarantine hotels or centers.

One of the cleaners has been confirmed to have the Omicron variant of the COVID-19 virus.

3 Likes

The problem is how do we convince 23 million people of this in the next 48 hours? Taiwanese are scared of their own shadows. If the media and the CDC plays this up it’ll be fucking hysteria.

Run away! We’re all going to catch a really heavy cold!

2 Likes

You can’t convince them. And we will probably be under Level 4 since Omicron is much more contagious than Alpha.

I’m not sure if I missed some great vaccination drive on the 31st of Dec., but they have unbelievable numbers of Taiwan shots for that date.
Was this just a number that counted a bunch of uncounted shots in some area at the end of the year?

2 Likes

When Omicron spreads, I hope at least we will get WFH as a mandatory option for workers where that is possible. Taiwanese companies are behind the curve on that.

7 Likes

what’s a “mandatory option”?

It’s mandatory that you be allowed to choose it if you do desire.

And I do.

Better phrased: Employer must allow their employees to choose to WFH if possible.

8 Likes

They can’t control their employees. And probably Taiwanese don’t want to be at home.

1 Like

I am 100% free to leave and return to the US anytime I feel like it. But, since reuniting with family members doesn’t rank anywhere on my personal list, I won’t be returning to the US anytime soon.

Also, I will not impose the risk of my relatives traveling to Taiwan and bringing Covid or insisting Taiwan open the borders for my own personal benefit just so my relatives can come to see my stupid ass.

They want to see me? I’ll go to them. But probably not because fuck ‘em!

3 Likes

Taiwanese bosses build their relationship with their employees on fear and control, allowing people to WFH is not happening.

I’m going to just wait out the omicron surge 4-6weeks and If taiwan decides to lockdown and play wack-a-mole over omicron then I’ll just head out once everybody has had omicron on the outside world.

It’s just inevitable that omicron is going to get out, we will ALL GET OMICRON. Prepare you self by vaccinating, VIT D, and zinc. I’m not sure how much the VIT D and zinc will help but the vaccines will work very well and you’ll be fine unless you are already circling the drain.

p.s. Costco is slammed. People are losing their mind already…? or is that a normal Tuesday? saw an old guy have like 5 different packs of toilet paper.

2 Likes

Which one? Yonghe………normal Tuesday.

If xizhe ………shit just hit the fan. Which one did you go to?

Luckily we use baby wipes in the Big household.

1 Like

Damnit. I was going to head over there for milk and bagels. Will choose to do without this week…