Coronavirus - Taiwan Open July 2021

A list of what I could find about open and closed hiking trails:

Here’s a list someone’s updating (most recently June 25) about which hiking trails are open and closed, at least according to their best guess. It’s a really long list, including “all the single-entry trails” in Yangmingshan (I’m not sure what that means) and all trails in Shimen District (石門區). They also provide links for most of the information and do an admirable job with lines like “the main trail was reported to be closed, but the latest report suggested otherwise”.

Found via this Facebook page, which almost makes me think I should log in to Facebook for the first time in years:

Below is Yangmingshan’s news page, Chinese (the English page has no news!). I’m just using Google translate, but as far as I can tell, basically all parking is closed. There’s talk of “illegal entry into the closed area” but I’m not sure what’s actually closed.

My take on it is parking is closed and masks are required. If you can find a way to hike anyways (I dunno, getting up there on a crowded bus?), you’re not violating any rules. But again, my Chinese comprehension is crap.
https://www.ymsnp.gov.tw/main_ch/newsList.aspx?uid=12&pid=11

3 Likes