Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021

An example of testing in site: Tainan testing incoming passengers from both HSR and highway buses.

They also tested at the city level

And in tech parks

6 Likes

Cool - so they’re testing everybody who’s coming in on public transport?! Anyone know what the procedure is? Do they have people sitting in crowded (cough contagious) rooms to wait for the results, or are you just told to head out and they’ll let you know after you’ve already infected your loved ones?

1 Like

Wonder if required testing in places like this is intended to or will help catch illegal over-stayers.

I suspect (with no proof) that it likely has more to do with local fears (a la @Brianjones ) of incoming Taipei/Xinbei people infecting communities in Tainan.

Guy

3 Likes

And it is a good thing. Should be done more

1 Like

My wife got a message saying she was a store same time as a covid case.

3 Likes

Was this as a result of just using the 1922 QR code SMS, or was it the bluetooth app?

2 Likes

That’s what they should be doing. Test and on your way for the weekend . Better than locking everything down.

2 Likes

1922 QR code SMS.

2 Likes

What happens next? Does she just monitor her health?

3 Likes

Would be interesting what the exact content of the sms is. Is it only Chinese, what wording, etc.
Can she maybe make a screenshot? Very appreciated!

1 Like

But is there a record of the daily figures over the last month?

Message is in Chinese. Gives the location and time where you have been at the same time as the Covid positive person (in this case Mitsukoshi department store in Taichung). Asks to monitor health for 2 weeks and if have any symptoms go to testing.

13 Likes

Yes.

Questions questions, most of which I’m sure you can’t answer! I wonder how finely detailed it is for time. There’s a range here from being in the same huge store in the same three-hour block of time, versa sitting across from a person for 30 minutes in … um … wherever you’re allowed to currently sit in department stores. But if it’s just “oh yeah, same giant building” (which I guess is the case with the 1922 code), that doesn’t seem to indicate much.

Fascinating. Good to know these 1922 messages are at least being fed into some sort of database that occasionally spits out a result.

5 Likes

Where?

https://www.facebook.com/TWCDC

They update their figures daily.

But no single page where they have all the numbers for the last month in one view? I can use Worldometers, but their figures deviate slightly from what I’ve seen elsewhere.

I’m compiling my own database (because of the frustrating lack of easy-to-find historical data) so I can chart the trends, but I wish to double check what I have against official figures without having to exhaustively search for the figures page by page.

2 Likes

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/dt_005-covidTable_taiwan.php

1 Like

Not helpful.