Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021

Yeah somehow I doubt the answer will be better for those people.

It’s a one time thing. Low income get like 4,500NT, self employed from 10,000-30,000 NT$. Businesses get shit? Welcome to the capitalist Taiwan, even less social than the US.

2 Likes

“The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Thursday (June 3) announced that 34 migrant workers at a chip factory in northern Taiwan’s Miaoli County have tested positive for COVID-19.”

I guess it’s something they don’t really like to hear (Chip Factory!)

Yes the dormitories are used by multiple companies in the tech park. It’s likely the spread will be significant. Poor testing protocol will hide the truth.

The companies involved in Hsinchu / Miaoli have every interest in containing these factory dorm outbreaks.

I doubt that “truth” will be intentionally or unintentionally hidden.

Guy

1 Like

So current testing protocol is showing the true extent of the virus spread in Taiwan?

My point is that they will do everything they can to contain the outbreak, not hide it.

Whether this succeeds or not is a different story.

Guy

1 Like

I do not know the test positivity rate in each location, but in New Taipei City it is about 2% which is a pretty good rate, even more so when taking into account that there are only tests for suspected cases

Low income already gets regular monthly stipend from the government. I’m not sure how much it is but might be around 10,000. The 4500 is additional to what they already get. They also get other benefits like reduced NHI payment and stuff.

1 Like

How many tests have they conducted. What is the actual population. The issue is many people are asymptotic and can spread. They need to test to find these cases.

1 Like

Taipei City is setting up live cams at traditional markets to help alleviate overcrowding:

4 Likes

Anybody have the link for the tea house cams? Asking for a friend.

4 Likes

Internal or External?

Both.

Your friend is an odd one it seems, is he/she thinking of setting one up in the USA?

No, he’s stuck in isolation in Zhonghe right now but has a history of Wanhua activities and needs a little something to remind him of the good old days.

1 Like

Shutting them down would also “alleviate overcrowding.”

Jus’ sayin’.

5 Likes

I don’t know why they still allow mobile vendors setting up shop everywhere, they can spread it from place to place.

1 Like

My girlfriend mentioned something today about Taiwanese getting 30,000NT because of the virus? But it’s not available to non-Taiwanese. Apparently was being discussed on a Philippines facebook group.

Now, she talks a lot of bollocks—so he could be complete bollocks. But, does anyone else heard about this?

Have a look here