Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021

The last one!

They’ve been isolating some of them who are or are potentially infected to quarantine hotels, so slightly better conditions.
A good question might be if the companies will find a way to make them pay for the expenses.

2 Likes

Only 15000 tests yesterday folks. This number doesn’t mean anything.

9 Likes

Maybe there’s a deaths backlog?

Darn it!

What is this “Real Name Registration” that is being mentioned?

Yea, just get with the program. It’s the rule that CECC set for everyone so don’t stick out like a sore thumb and put up a fight over it. Just put yourself in their shoes. They’re getting paid 140 or 150 an hour and have to deal with a ton of stuff, least of which is increased risk of infection because they see so many people during the day. At the end of the day they don’t make the rules, they just follow them.

2 Likes

Your phone number, the QR text system. The phone is registered in your name.

Some combination of those things, yes. Well, not the second one - I’m fine sharing the info with the government (which I’m doing by sending the SMS).

I don’t know about the singled-out part (again, it’s never happened to me anyway) - I just feel like I’m an adult who’s capable of scanning a code and complying with the rules, and if I do that and confirm I’ve done that I shouldn’t need to then take out my phone and prove it to a store employee, as though I can’t be trusted to do a simple thing without oversight.

I also want to spend as little time in the store as possible and tend to use hand sanitizer after touching stuff inside and dealing with the cashier before messing with my phone again, so getting out my phone again at this point would interfere with both those things.

Anyway, just my opinion and I’m sticking to it. If others feel they need this kind of supervision, it’s fine by me. :slight_smile:

By the talks it seems they will charge for the rooms for migrant workers. Let’s see what the news gonna talk about in the next hours of the day

1 Like

What was the typical number the last few days? 30k or thereabouts?

1 Like

Haha definitely not. Sounds like a bit of *wink wink :wink: * at that buxiban. CECC says buxibans can resume July 2nd. I hope that includes daycare.

1 Like

Yes it was 30k+ last week during the weekdays. Highest was 35k

1 Like

Half testing doesn’t necessarily mean results would be double otherwise. Also depends where the testing was concentrated… if testing centers were still processing people in the usual hotspots, then the actual difference might not be too large. We will find out by Wednesday or so.

Ah, OK, that’s actually the QR Check-in thing that I use now when I go out so all good.

Talking back and forth with reporter and Minister Chen now. She brought up the 5 people limit indoors but workplaces have more than that… Minister wasn’t happy, and for every sentence he said ‘just avoid going to crowded places’ she would talk back that workplace is definitely more than 5

17 Likes

Although it’s not necessary, this has usually been the case in other countries that have had reduced testing capacity on the weekends. Anyway, we have enough data now to start considering weekly averages. Hope the folks plotting the graphs start to use that now that the backlog is over.

1 Like

Is the Pope a catholic? Do bears shit in the woods?

2 Likes

2-2.5% CFR is not at all abnormal. Add to this that testing is limited and it even looks low