Coronavirus - Taiwan Open September/October 2021

Rules and LAWS in general are not enforced when it comes to any schools. I reported my own school soooo many times last year via 1999. Two things happened: 1) The school was notified of the coming inspection, having at least three days advance notice so that they could prepare. Sat through so many meetings about how we were going to cover the thing up. 2) The response was always “this thing you’re talking about isn’t really happening. [list law] [list how the school isn’t breaking the law because things we all know to be untrue are stated here].” Then you respond with “check the CCTV you lazy bums. The thing was happening until the day you called to tell them you were coming”. Then you get “school understands that the thing is illegal and will not do it again”. Then the school goes right back to doing it again, no fines paid.

3 Likes

I recall a while ago authorities in Toronto tried to figure out how residents in a single large apartment complex got infected even though they lived on different floors and had not consciously come in contact with other infected folks in the cluster. What was the likely spot of transmission? Elevators.

Guy

4 Likes

That’s pretty hardcore.
Lets see if it stamps it out. If it spreads further they won’t be able to do this kind of mass off site quarantining.
Eventually Delta is going to spread in the community.
The only question is now or later.
Anyway, at least two two different Delta seeding events in a week or so.

2 Likes

doesn’t covid linger in air?

1 Like

yeah those schools are gona get SMOKED

Must be pretty annoying and disruptive to get locked up for however long because some people in your building caught the plague…

Sincerely,
Bob Hernandez

There’s probably another one happening right now in the country that we have no idea about.

Yes, I said that before, but still: is she friends with the kids, the teacher, neighbor to the Egyptian?

Is the elevator a death trap that so many got sick? Who sneezed or coughed in it … WITHOUT a mask?

Drainage system also a possible method for the spread of viruses in apartment complexes.

Teachers should be given hazard pay right now. 5,000 NT an hour like nurses did in America. If the CDC decides to close down everything but keep buxibans operating im out of here asap.

Imagine if they tape off parks and close down everything but keep teachers confined in a 4 by 4 room with 20 students. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

" Kindergarten bursts with crowds and the Ministry of Education asks Shuangbei to suspend all-kindergarten and cross-class activities"

lol more nonsense from some fool who thinks temperature checks will work.

do people still not know how this virus works in Taiwan?

1 Like

And here comes the closure of beaches in 3…2…1… because Egyptian dad was there. His footprint published. Shaka when the walls fell…

Please compare: Baishawan, MRT and Family Mart. If the media makes minced meat out of him I’ll be so pissed.

They are asking to stop kindergarten…and as I said, send the kids to granny. And that’s the best possible scenario.

Kindergarten kids started earliest. Won’t delay their tests if they stop now. Elementary and high school though …

Do a lot of apartments not share a common vent from the bathrooms up to the rooftop?

I’m planning to block up the hole above the false ceiling if Delta gets out of hand.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tainan prohibits outdoor large-scale barbecues and recommends family reunions to eat hot pot

9 Likes

Seriously…?

3 Likes

Apparently the broth industry lobbyists have a huge influence on the CDC

4 Likes

So … if more relatives are coming over (which to be honest is probably a bad idea at the moment), they’re recommending all gathering inside around a hot pot, rather than being outside, with better ventilation, with a barbecue?

Am I wrong, or is there very, very little emphasis or even recognition in Taiwan on the importance of outdoors vs indoors, and ventilation? (I hope I’m wrong.)

15 Likes

Several cities have taken this path. No BBQ day! No BBQing in parks, sidewalks, open spaces, nope.

Now, how many fires from BBQ indoors?

2 Likes

They’re in cahoots with the plexiglass lobby. :shushing_face:

1 Like