Coronavirus - Taiwan Open September/October 2021

'Lambda variant, also known as lineage C.37, is a variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. It was first detected in Peru in August 2020. On 14 June 2021, the World Health Organization named it Lambda variant and designated it as a variant of interest. ’

That’s how far they are already, so Mu is the next.

1 Like

1 + 5 = 6 and one more death.

8 Likes

The single new local case was reportedly already in isolation, meaning there were no new cases out in the community!

Guy

7 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Open Thread 2021

I bet that guy is like “why me…”

It’s not already September? :thinking:

Nahh they’re just bad at picking letters. They’re not going in order.

1 + 4 = 5 and one more death.

6 Likes

The death connected to the Wanhua Event

Man that was quite a party

1 Like

It was a gift that kept on giving. :slightly_frowning_face:

Guy

2 Likes

CDC link said that the one death was “a male in his 60s, with a history of chronic diseases and wanhua district activities, a throat irritation, cough and other symptoms on May 21, a medical examination and hospitalization on May 27, a diagnosis on June 3 and a death on June 27”. So from first feeling ill until the positive test was 13 days, and he went downhill from there.

Sampling tea?

3 Likes

Jesus, I have a long history of wanhua district activities. They never told us

2 Likes

Well I guess if you know it might be your ‘final fling’ its tea in Wanhua and then totter down the road to checkin to GWR at Heping Hospital.

Hopefully you make it in just before the lockdown!

Apologies to all for this regrettable 2003 SARS crisis reference.

Guy

Really quite special tea

What if someone goes to a tea house in Boston and throws a party?

They have much better ones at the harbour.

Actually I must apologise for the slight on Wanhua as Heping Hospital is on the other side of the road and is thus in Zhongzheng District.

Someone forget change to September ?