Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments 2023

Numbah one in silly placard usage too. :partying_face:

1 Like

Just had a parent from my kid’s class, who is wearing a mask in her profile, ask the teacher whether everyone needs to do a test before returning to school on Monday. Some people need the placards.

The teacher’s response was that the current thinking was that we should only test our kids if they have symptoms. The current thinking.

I’m just worried that always having to dash off to the placard printer might limit the CECC’s ability to reach the full speed of science.

2 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work, every too without fail !

4 Likes

haha, p.s. there is wiki page for Taiwan #1 (for not the reason your thinking though) linko: 台湾NO.1 - 维基百科,自由的百科全书

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2023-02-12

Local = 16,902

Imported = 297

Deaths = 57

Current Severity of Symptoms Statistics

Local Cases By Districts (Interactive Map)

Cumulative Table Of Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/deathstatistics.php?dt_name=1&downloadall=yes

1 Like

That’s even worse than yesterday’s one. What a joke! :clown_face:

Still…I can’t help but be a bit saddened to hear of his [/her*] death. It’s always a tragedy when somebody dies so young [/They certainly had a good innings, and I can only hope to live such a long life as well*]. If only they’d taken the vaccine to protect themselves [/It just goes to show that despite our best efforts to do the right thing and get vaccinated, nobody is safe from this wily virus*].

(*Please delete as appropriate.)

How on earth do they have a “confirmed date” of May 30 last year if the COVID death was only confirmed recently? This seems to imply that this poor young/middle-aged/old man/lady tested positive and died the same day, the CECC decided they didn’t die from COVID despite the positive test result, and they’ve just now changed their mind again 8.5 months later and decided to go from the test result.

Also, it seems like they do know the gender, age range, and number of doses for this case, even if they didn’t include them in the main table for some bizarre reason. If they didn’t know this information for this particular death among the 57 deaths, the entries in the gender, age distribution, and vaccination doses tables would add up to 56 not 57, and that’s not the case. Is the CECC actually trying to present shitty, inconsistent, and confusing data? :clown_face:

4 Likes

Beyond failing to check whether the person was male or female and how old they were, I wonder if they did at least verify that they were human? Is this “case” perhaps a dead mouse they found in the basement?

I wonder if they’re literally making shit up just to see if anyone will ask questions about it in the press conferences?

3 Likes

Anecdote proves the rule. My wife’s hairchopper’s customer’s husband died at age 50. “He was in perfect health and didn’t get the ‘vax’” so…all the kids need to get the shots in order to prevent them from dying. I had a student miss my class yesterday because she was getting the 5th shot. Her mom doesn’t want her to get the super duper sniffles. 1 student who did show up hasn’t had any shots, has never had the 'Vid and none of her family has either.

3 Likes

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2023-02-13

Local = 12,397

Imported = 260

Deaths = 54

2 Likes

Valentine's Day

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2023-02-14

Local = 20,116

Imported = 395

Deaths = 36

3 Likes

Source: Mixed media feed | 發展署1955PH | LINE Official Account

6 Likes

* “Provided the epidemic situation remains stable”

Key caveat here. And the “situation” will be determined by the CECC’s opinion.

3 Likes

It’s cute how they seem to think the “epidemic situation” remaining “stable” (whatever that even means) has something to do with people wearing a mask on the MRT.

7 Likes

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2023-02-15

Local = 19,505

Imported = 356

Deaths = 65

5 Likes

Damn this wily virus. Another ? struck down at only ? years of age, despite having protected themselves, or chosen not to, with ? vaccine doses.

At least we have the CECC (and @MalcolmReynolds!) to keep us comprehensively informed of the data.

2 Likes

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2023-02-16

Local = 16,477

Imported = 270

Deaths = 61

5 Likes

From this article:

The presser will be once a week…

6 Likes

Don’t worry guys: now that this is winding down, we have avian flu or China attack to keep us busy until 2025 the latest.

2 Likes

Taiwan CDC: Good news we no longer have to wear masks because of COVID. Now we have to wear mask for avian flu.

Taiwanese people: yay!!!

2 Likes