Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments April 2022

Focus Taiwan says it’s actually required not only recommended:

As these are also activities in which people may come into contact with strangers or may not be able to maintain social distancing, the booster shot requirement will also apply to visitors who are old enough to be vaccinated, it said.

As a result, anyone who goes to the gym, attends intercity religious events such as Dajia Mazu procession, and takes part in local tour groups arranged by travel agencies will be required to show proof of a third shot, the CECC said.

3 Likes

Very helpful. Thank you.

Guy

Re: the situation with the 2 year old because I’m getting a lot of weird replies concerning it. I don’t like it either. Most importantly, it’s beyond tragic. I can’t imagine losing my kid like that. But more relevant to us, it would be a misstep to put the whole of society online again due to a very rare complication that affects only a fraction of a percentage of children infected. But those that are downplaying it or arguing it’s connected with something else are just looking for confirmation bias that COVID can’t (on very rare occasions) be serious in children.

10 Likes

And at the same time, risks of vaccines are being inflated, so parents seriously start doubting whether to vaccinate their children or not…

1 Like

Samples were still out at Costco today. Parks are not taped. I think we will be ok. Some big companies might let you work from home, but most won’t is my prediction.

22 posts were merged into an existing topic: Level of danger for children from Covid

2 posts were split to a new topic: From coronavirus

Is anyone aware of how many times you could catch Omicron? Would you get immunity if you caught it once?

1 Like

Once is easy. Two Omicron infections is possible but seems unlikely.

I’ve read plenty about people being infected multiple times, but I haven’t seen much on whether that’s with different variants, or if reinfection was more likely with earlier variants.

7 Likes

Thank you.

Hopefully it’s possible to just get on with life now.

Let’s start traveling.

3 Likes

Most people I know who have had it twice have had it during surges of different variants (myself included).

Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Deputy Director-General Philip Lo (羅一鈞), deputy head of the CECC’s medical response division, said the boy had developed encephalitis and multiple organ dysfunction due to COVID-19, despite having no history of chronic illness.

3 Likes

Its very sad to hear of this young one having such a tough time - I truly hope he gets all the treatment he needs

However I cannot help but feel that he is a being used a pawn in a political game here

Sending big wishes to him for a speedy recovery

You can tell the pawnbrokers by how readily they jump to conclusions.

1 Like

The two-year-old boy from Yonghe died last night.

NTU pediatrics department head is saying expect more children to die in current wave.

4 Likes

More than when? We’ve been pretty much covid free since the beginning so any number will be more than before.

taiwan hasn’t vaccinated the 5-11yr olds have they? I think in the states the only vaccine for 5-11 is pfizer/bnt. Idk if taiwan has anymore of those? is it all Moderna?

I’ll need to get more information as to what he means exactly.

That’s my understanding as well.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Taiwan Open - April 2022