Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments April 2022

Yeah. Enjoy that.

That made me lol. Must have seemed a bit odd as I’m invigilating an exam.

551 local
112 imported

5 Likes

Covid Stats For 2022-04-12

Local = 551

Airport = 30

Quarantine = 82

Deaths = 0

5 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Taiwan Open - April 2022

It seems Vietnam has now been replaced by Indonesia in the little box in the bottom right corner of the card . . .

Guy

Probably because there was only 1 flight from Vietnam, and the positivity rate was 3.9% on that flight

So . . . a 3.9 % positivity rate on arrival is improvement? :thinking:

Guy

No, but only one flight explains why Vietnam isn’t the biggest importer of cases today.

I think the mod might have misunderstood the point of this thread. It’s still a discussion thread. There’s no point constantly pruning it. In point of fact the pruning is ruining the flow of discussion. If the numbers come out at 2 pm then expect discussion of the numbers.

3 Likes

So how many consecutive days of higher domestic case counts than imported case counts do we need to make some concrete changes to policy?

Yes, but discussion of Chen’s smoking habits is another story.

1 Like

Sure. That deserves its own thread.

Now I’m terrified of discussing anything here for fear my great words will be lost on the winds of time.

2 Likes

34 posts were merged into an existing topic: Taiwan launches social distancing app

Not opening border in May

2 Likes

‘… the country is affected by the epidemic and the tourism industry is struggling.’

And the government isn’t really helping in any way!

3 Likes

Did anyone seriously think this was in the works?

Guy

2 Likes

Well NZ capitulated rapidly. We just need to break the 10,000 barrier. 加油

8 Likes

Once all hope of containing the virus is lost, and if deaths are relatively low, they’ll reopen the borders. It could be as quick as June/July if we are lucky.

7 Likes

Exactly what I am hoping for. I think there is a decent chance.

4 Likes