Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments April 2022

New news. Government is proposing changing 10+7 to 3+4, so presumably that means 3 days quarantine and 4 days of self health management? Not sure if that includes those entering from abroad though.

6 Likes

This is changing fast.

1 Like

Some solid content from Chase Nelson, who provides this update on where we are headed in terms of numbers:

Guy

3 Likes

With at home isolation changing daily…now looks like 4, 3.
What does that mean for those of us already locked up with 10, 7?

1 Like

It hasn’t officially changed yet. Seems gov will discuss with local governments tomorrow

2 Likes

They’re mulling first.

8 Likes

The Executive Yuan held an epidemic prevention meeting yesterday, during which the Central Epidemic Command Center proposed a new system of “three plus four” isolation. The new system is quarantined at home for the first three days, and you can go out if you are screened quickly in the next four days, but you must wear a mask throughout the whole process. You can’t use it in the restaurant or participate in large-scale activities. The Executive Yuan said that it would choose the implementation date after the command center consulted with the local government.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tw.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/%25E5%25B1%2585%25E9%259A%2594%25E6%2596%25B0%25E5%2588%25B6-%25E5%25B0%2587%25E6%258E%25A13-4-%25E5%258C%25A1%25E5%2588%2597%25E7%25B8%25AE%25E5%25B0%258F%25E7%25AF%2584%25E5%259C%258D-223854719.html

4 Likes

Still no indication on whether this includes those arriving from abroad. However, when Taiwan reduced its quarantine time before it did include foreign arrivals so fingers crossed. I imagine all the beans will be spilled today at 2PM.

2 Likes

Give them a break. They need a week or two to mull it over.

1 Like

Can’t beat a good mull.

I mull therefore I am.

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Taiwan Open - April 2022

I really hope I’m wrong, but I’m guessing that this is a big fat NO for foreign arrivals. If I’m wrong, I’m travelling this summer, that’s for sure. I wouldn’t even need to mull things over.

1 Like

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: The effectiveness or otherwise of wearing masks

Today one high school in Taichung suspended classes because of a confirmed case.
This will happen more often as cases increase.

2 Likes

The 3+4 quarantine time will not include quarantine on arrival (yet).

The separation period of the Executive Yuan will be shortened and replaced by a new “3+4” system. The outside world is also concerned about when border control will be adjusted? Chen Zongyan, Undersecretary of the Ministry of the Interior, said today (25th) that the quarantine period of border control will be temporarily maintained for 10 days, and he will continue to observe the implementation of the local epidemic and related measures, and then discuss when it is suitable for adjustment.

https://www.rti.org.tw/news/view/id/2130968

2 Likes

It’s good that they are using the word temporary to describe border controls though.

2 Likes

27 posts were merged into an existing topic: Covid vaccines for children?

Today’s presser is delayed till 16:30, presumably so they can discuss quarantine time change with local government officials first

5 Likes

Haven’t seen anyone post TPR in the last few days. How’s that looking? Can’t find a source for it online

A post was merged into an existing topic: Covid-related policies by employers