Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments April 2022

Without power, you can effect nothing.

Winning this battle may mean losing the war. Remember. We have a party that wants China’s annexation.

For the time being the delusional and neurotic are still calling the shots.

I think the health authorities are neither.

Still wish we had better messaging though . . .

Guy

1 Like

I agree. The health authorities are pandering to the delusional and neurotic because they’re scared of being blamed for the inevitable.

3 Likes

Had a call to take test, they me back 30 minutes later

. - negative so I’m free from midnight

7 day rules are: always wear a mask - do not go to a hospital unless emergency - no eating in a restaurant.

2 Likes

Jesus, that 116 is getting really big. Can we close the borders yet?

numbers3

10 Likes

It’s the foreigner poison that’s doing the killing.

2 Likes

It seems like the testing rules have though. No more day 4, day 7 etc. Now I believe its one self rapid test in the end and that’s it. I am also not clear what happens now if you test positive at the airport but have no symptoms? Certainly they are not sending these people to the hospitals anymore?

Yes they are constantly tweaking the timing of the tests, apparently based on what they’ve learned about omicron and its patterns of infection. No doubt they are also trying to keep their power dry and not use up all their PCR tests.

Guy

That’s a generous description. I would have said something like “scrambling to keep up after two years of not adequately preparing for this eventuality”.

5 Likes

I’m feeling a bit under the weather today. Could be COVID, could be fuck all. Got a very dry and sore throat and a bit of a cough. Sore throat is apparently a sign.

But could just be a sore throat.

2 Likes

I sometimes feel that way after the air conditioner has been on all night. If you don’t get a fever or any other symptoms like fatigue, probably not but you could always take a rapid test if you can even find one.

2 Likes

Yeah, me too. Sleeping with the AC on often makes me wake up feeling pretty rough, so I try to avoid it.

In other news, 25.8% positivity rate today for 58,329 tests. May the odds be ever in your favor!

4 Likes

For me it’s a “pick your poison” situation. No air con means waking up drenched in sweat, which is also awful. So usually I’ll turn it on and off throughout the night. :confused:

2 Likes

They will blame them regardless, but whatever the outcome, I don’t think it would bring the KMT back into power as @Marco fears.

I don’t remember anywhere that I put my emotions into this.

If you go against the people’s wishes, they will vote you out.

14 posts were split to a new topic: Hou You-Ih - Love 'im or Hate 'im

Yeah, ditto. I’ve had dry and/or sore throats recently - and no coincidence, the air conditioning has been on all night for the first time this year.

2 Likes

If I have to get a covid test anytime my throat feels dry, sneezes, have runny nose, or a headache, then I’m going to need a LOT of test kits.

There are so many conditions that can cause it and it’s not always caused by a virus. Like cat allergies for example…

3 Likes

Me too, but it usually departs after a few hours. I’ve had a dodgy throat all day. No rapid tests in 7-11, so I’ll just play it by ear.

2 Likes

That’s the thing, there are so many things it could be because the symptoms are so vague. Flu, allergies, the AC, dryness etc.