Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments July-October 2022

2 Likes

Let’s hope they don’t stuff up the Death count in a similar fashion - imagine the response if they suddenly announced 500 deaths in one day.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Maybe she’s publicly stating her view in case it differs from the authorities’.

1 Like

It’s always going to be a problem when public health officials are given too much power. Public health takes precedence above everything else and people are guilt tripped if they suggest things like the economy, human rights, freedom of movement etc are also of importance.

It’s a pretty sorry state of affairs when the president has to go public in order to try to enact policy change.

7 Likes

Report Completed1

48 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on July 18, 2022

Female = 24 (50.00%)
Male = 24 (50.00%)

Age Distribution

90s = 11 (22.92%)
80s = 18 (37.50%)
70s = 11 (22.92%)
60s = 6 (12.50%)
50s = 2 (4.17%)
40s = 00 (00.00%)
30s = 00 (00.00%)

Vaccination Doses

0 = 27 (56.25%)
1 = 2 (4.17%)
2 = 5 (10.42%)
3 = 14 (29.17%)

Chronic Disease History

Yes = 47 (97.92%)
None = 1 (2.08%)

Vaccine Status For Deaths With No Chronic Disease History

3 doses = 1 (Age → F-70s)

Click to see detailed cases report

Original CECC Report of 2022-07-16

7月18æ—„æ–°ćąžæ­»äșĄCOVID-19çąșèšșć€‹æĄˆèĄš.pdf

Cumulative Table Of New Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/deathstatistics.php?dt_name=1&downloadall=yes

1 Like

Also, individuals are notoriously reluctant to relinquish ‘emergency’ powers. It’s in their interests to drag out a crisis - or the perception of one - in order to remain in control.

5 Likes

Chen officially retired from his CECC duties today.

1 Like

Must be nice to be able to walk away from that dumpster fire safe in the knowledge that there will be no repercussions.

Hi, where can I find the latest COVID rules for masks, gatherings, schools, etc in English?

Can’t find anything on the CDC website.

So we can assume that potentially 1 death may have been directly related to Covid

1 Like

Can you eat on trains now?

Can we toast each other on trains now? Just groups of less than six is my main concern here.

2 Likes

Just on your own side of the aisle, and as long as you’re all wearing masks when not actually drinking. You also need to be triply vaccinated and confirm that there are no variants in adjacent carriages (make sure you check under the seats).

3 Likes

Sadly, she had failed to accept the offer of a second booster, otherwise she might still be alive today.

1 Like

Some of those people died in May. One even died in April. They’d better hurry up with those surveys.

Case 35 tested positive seven weeks prior to death, was in his 70s, and also had cancer. I hope he hadn’t been involuntarily confined to his home or hospital bed all this time. Can’t imagine that’s beneficial for recovery.

When is the CECC introducing its new-and-improved death-counting method again?

This June 29 press release is the latest information I’ve been able to find so far on masks and other COVID-related rules, but I didn’t see anything about schools in it:

https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/Detail/kz90Fw57jVfgKEGAYMqK3A?typeid=158

1 Like

Of course he would have received the best of care. Taiwan has adequate supplies of remdesivir and there is no shortage of ventilators, thanks to the CECC’s wise policy of reserving beds and resources for COVID patients.

I wonder what “survey” even means? I assume they’re combing through the backlog of registered deaths to see if there are any cases where, by some strange oversight, the doctor in charge failed to recognise that the patient died of COVID.

1 Like

I’ve been reading it as “don’t know, but we’ll add this one to the list anyway”. It doesn’t seem like they’re doing anything to update the details of these cases after they’re published on the daily list?

I’m not sure what new information you could reasonably expect to get from someone who’s been dead for two months, anyway. Don’t know why these cases get added after so long either.

I’m slightly confused about the wording in this one, so I’ll just post it without interpreting it:

–from Taiwan Centers for Disease Control, “Taiwan to maintain current mask mandate and other epidemic prevention measures from July 1,” press release of June 29, 2022

1 Like