Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments July-October 2022

To get some Ekselent ice cream no doubt, then it should count as exercise!!!

3 Likes

Report Completed1

37 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on July 19, 2022

Female = 14 (37.84%)
Male = 23 (62.16%)

Age Distribution

90s = 9 (24.32%)
80s = 19 (51.35%)
70s = 4 (10.81%)
60s = 1 (2.70%)
50s = 3 (8.11%)
20s = 1 (2.70%)

Vaccination Doses

0 = 17 (45.95%)
1 = 6 (16.22%)
2 = 1 (2.70%)
3 = 12 (32.43%)
4 = 1 (2.70%)

Chronic Disease History

Yes = 33 (89.19%)
None = 4 (10.81%)

Vaccine Status For Deaths With No Chronic Disease History

0 doses = 1 (Age → F-90s)
3 doses = 3 (Ages → M-90s, M-90s, M-80s)

Click to see detailed cases report

Original CECC Report of 2022-07-19

7月19æ—„æ–°ćąžæ­»äșĄCOVID-19çąșèšșć€‹æĄˆèĄš.pdf

Cumulative Table Of New Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/deathstatistics.php?dt_name=1&downloadall=yes

4 Likes

Would they not have emphasised it if we don’t have to wear masks walking down the street? Appears to me another communication breakdown, I am genuinely unsure how to interpret the new rules coupled with this comment.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s clearly inconsistent (as is often the case). I doubt they’re saying “you only need to wear masks when stationary”, which would be the logical conclusion.

1 Like

I’m starting to wonder if these guys sit in a room with a bottle of 38’ GaoLiang, goading each other to come up with ever more ridiculous rules and exceptions to the rules, just to see how far they can push it before someone stands up at the press conference and says “WTAF is wrong with you people? This convoluted shite makes no sense whatsoever. Were you drunk when you wrote this?”. And they can just giggle and say “Yeah, probably. What are you going to do about it?”.

9 Likes
5 Likes

I though cycling was already under the scope of “mask not needed when exercising”. I wonder if they were distinguishing between cycling for sport and commuting.

2 Likes

That’s certainly the sort of thing they would do :slight_smile:

I guess the point was to explain that it’s OK to not wear a mask on a scooter and they added the extra words about cycles to 
 well, who knows, make it clear that the exception is for all two-wheeled devices? I suspect they’re as confused as we are.

1 Like

In a Chinese article I read shopping and walking in the city was seen as exercise i.e. no need for masks.

The whole explanation of the rules is ridiculous as usual.

8 Likes

So 
 basically we can take our masks off outside unless we stop for a breather, in which case the masks go back on? :clown_face:

Well, that’s good news I guess. Let’s see how many of the general public figure it out and take their masks off 

1 Like

Thats what it said on another article in chinese.

Do you remember where you saw it? It’d be a useful thing to print out if challenged.

Did you think it was coincidence that they relaxed the mask rule right when Chen Clock (aka Clock Spider) left the post?

I think he was the one that kept the stupid mask rule up.

1 Like

Chen had a personality-cult aura. Whatever he said, the rest of the government bowed and scraped and said “yes Dr Clock, whatever you say sir”. And the masses are also quite enamoured with him (at least, the 50% of them who don’t hate his guts).

His deputy - forgot his name now - is a bit of a nonentity. IIRC he has a penchant for just making stuff up on the spur of the moment, but he doesn’t have the forceful personality that can get people to accept patently-obvious nonsense. Hopefully it’ll start to unravel from here.

1 Like

The chart in that post showing stats from Chile is eye popping, isn’t it? And they were among the nations that went full-in with vaccines from China . . . :grimacing:

Guy

1 Like

In what sense is Chile any more “eye popping” than the others? Have a look at the y-axis. Use the “change age range” button. And compare what you’re looking at with - say - deaths from accidents, suicides, and drug overdoses.

Chile indeed stands out with mostly Sinovac vaccine used. Explains the Chinese government’s panic facing Omicron wave and them clinging to zero covid policy.

2 Likes

Chile had the same recorded COVID death rate as Poland, Greece, Italy, Belgium, and the UK, plus or minus. They all used the Western vaccines. China is not the explanation you are looking for.

That’s dramatic indeed. It makes sense as background for China’s policy decisions.

2 Likes

Yes. We won’t get reliable data from China, but we can see what happened in other places like Chile where vaccines from China were used widely.

Guy

2 Likes