Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments May/June 2022

Procedures To Follow If You Test Positive Through Self-Test PCR

5 Likes

shouldn’t it be a one-way path to insane asylum as you’ll never know the way out

2 Likes

Dos anybody know if there is a map/list by each county/city/district and their current cases per number of 100k residents?

The only one I could find was this “cases by city”:

thx.

1 Like

FIFY

5 Likes

Yeah there is! Someone posted it the other day

It’ll be up there somewhere

Found it!

4 Likes

Pushing the work of deciding close contacts to bosses and schools. Now your boss decides if you are a close contact or not.

My friend works for a bank. They had a case. No one was deemed a close contact because they kept masks on. My friend told me that person continually took her mask off to blow her nose and sneeze. Ate at her desk.

Still waiting on word from the government concerning my daughter and wife’s isolation. Last day tomorrow.

Have they just isolated for a week because the teacher said so? Seems like that.

3 Likes

Covid Stats For 2022-05-01

Local = 16,936

Airport = 138

Quarantine = 11

Deaths = 3

Current Severity of Symptoms Statistics

Local Cases By Districts (Interactive Map)

10 Likes

Its’s interesting to see the Northern East Coast area with rates higher and southern East Coast area much lower. The Southern mountains are low (some zero) maybe since they do not go into the city a lot.

How many tests were done for those numbers? I don’t see it anywhere.

Any details on the deaths so far?

57,307 Tested, 39.71% to average 29.5531% positivity

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Take away: there is a lot of COVID out there. :neutral_face:

Guy

1 Like

with that Sampe size…yeah. god knows who has it. I think they should just drop the whole quarantine thing at this point, completely useless.

3 Likes

That’s ridiculously low and ridiculously high. Might as well forget doing it.

It’s a good thing the vaccines are so effective or it would have been much worse :grin:

I think that must be the fastest-ever recorded rise of omicron on the planet, and the largest number simultaneously testing positive, although not necessarily ill, of course - I suspect the tests are measuring something that has absolutely no clinical significance.

6 Likes

81% of voters on UDN support “soft lockdown” as proposed by Mayor Ko.

We seem to be following quite precisely the case numbers that HK and NZ experienced during their omicron waves.

Wonder what was the difference in those two places? Hmmmm, I cannot recall.

Guy

2 Likes

We have to stick to the narrative or it falls apart. Note the people dying in HK and not dying in Taiwan.

Definitely not due to the differences in vaccines. Not possible. Nope.

3 Likes

It’s too early to call in Taiwan. Deaths lag cases; we’ll see how things work out.

Guy

5 Likes