Coronavirus Vaccine Discussion

I just explained to you what I think. Was it not clear? I’m not against vaccines. I’m against superstition and in favour of evidence-based interventions.

No.

1 Like

Which bit wasn’t clear? I boiled it down into four bullet points.

4 bullet points of moaning about everything. Let us hear it, what would you do instead of vaccines and lockdowns?

2 Likes

You are not alone.

Guy

2 Likes

Seriously? That’s what you read into those bullet points? Moaning?

I’m tired of repeating myself regarding what I would personally do. I’ve done it any number of times. I asked you to justify interventions like lockdowns and enforced vaccinations with a cost-benefit analysis. If you can’t do that, why should we accept such things?

Actually you appear quite tireless in this regard.

I think we all know your positions.

Guy

3 Likes

Yes, you have moaned about vaccines and lockdown for like a year now. Then you bring up the enlightened point that vaccines are working but that you yourself don’t need to get vaccinated.
because rights.

Then you expect a pat on the back or what? That counts as no contribution. Vaccines are not mandatory, you are not having your rights taken away and you are still unhappy about it.

2 Likes

Are you conceding that lockdowns have no evidence in their favour, or you just can’t be bothered to justify your position?

Partly, yes. Rights are important. If you think they aren’t, try living in Russia or Saudi Arabia. But mostly because science. Nobody has refuted my argument that (a) 50, 60% coverage seems to deliver a pretty good result and (b) there’s no need for anybody to even be discussing vaccine passports.

Yet.

I know it bothers you to have your echo-chamber sullied with hard numbers. But I think it’s important nonetheless.

1 Like

A whole year of it already !

1 Like

Superstition, I’m afraid, is largely impervious to reason.

1 Like

Is this the ’ discuss the merits of lockdown thread’ ?

Nope.

Move on.

3 Likes

I’ll just remind you that it wasn’t me who started that. Somewhere back there I was trying to steer it away from that particular sidetrack. The original conversation was about vaccine passports and the necessity thereof.

This is not a real a question and answer is always no.

We’ll see, but they are taking epidemic prevention measure to prevent that, number are still manageable (similar to California).

I ask you to stop this, this is the second time.

CA has 2,229 ICU beds available right now. Only 295 people with COVID are currently occupying ICU beds.

#VaccinesWork

1 Like

I am talking about the number of cases, and you pick the data you like as usual.

You like looking at numbers in a vacuum and ignore trends. Bottom line, #VaccinesWork. The data around the impact vaccines are having is indisputable and it’s the reason some places are getting over the pandemic and others are just getting into it.

Cya.

2 Likes

We already had this discussion: