Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - July/August 2021

It happens to the best of us. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

1 Like

Further back in this thread, maybe over a week ago, the issue of a foreigner without NHI was posed and I think that the CECC has said that they are “working on it”. So if you are eligible, I would suggest that you head into the NHI on Monday and apply, you will probably have a Card in your hand within about a week.

1 Like

As per tv news, minister Chen mentioned that the goal of 25% had been achieved earlier, standing at 26 to 27% currently.

4 Likes

With yesterday’s report just released, we have:

Total population
26.02% vaccinated
0.98% fully vaccinated

Adult population (18 or older)
About 30.5% vaccinated
About 1.14% fully vaccinated

5 Likes

preparing for th future.

My wife just got her second shot. We went to the same station, but the process is completely different from a month ago. Instead of people pushing carts and chairs around, now the doctors and nurses sit at 9 stations, and they don’t have to move to vaccinate people anymore. I think it’s actually more efficient .

5 Likes

Hope your wife is doing OK!

Guy

251,942 shots given yesterday. 229,467 have now had 2 shots.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/9g3lle7B2-pn_XL-Es_emQ

6 Likes

First day of round three for first time folks. And first day of second shot reservations on new system, right?

I’ve seen a few people mention printing out and filling in a form to then take with them to their vaccine appointment? Is this a thing? I thought we only needed to bring our NHI card and ARC/APRC as well as a screenshot/print out of our appointment confirmation message.

…my 70 year old neighbor was right…gaoliang is the cure! immunobridge that!

3 Likes

Gaoliang is grain though lol

3 Likes

I went to the link that was posted here last week:

https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/dHemwYfEsZuoUNT5MdDg-Q

Printed out the form and asked a colleague to fill it out in Chinese. It’s not a requirement, I just wanted to avoid the hassle of getting someone to do it at the vaccine site. I get a jab this week so hopefully this will work. I also made a printout of my appointment confirmation. And yes, bring NHI card and ARC/APRC. Good luck.

1 Like

No. It’s from a grass seed, sorghum.

They didn’t need the confirmation, just NHI, they didn’t even look at my APRC. But then they had all my (older) info in their computer as I have been a patient there 10 years ago. They still had my old (Chinese) name, my NHI # stayed the same tho. All smooth. Just use Google translate to translate the questions, the rest they will fill out for you if you can’t. I told them I can but slow, so they didn’t bother having me do it, saving time.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s good advice

She was having arm pain yesterday, but things got real in the middle of the night. She now has a splitting headache, a low fever around 37.5, ear pain (that one is new, I don’t remember reading about that one), and the arm pain got worse. If her T-shirt brushed against her arm, she reacts like if a blade just slashed her. She’s been sleeping through most of the day, only waking up to ask for a drink of water. So yeah, the second moderna shot is no joke.

6 Likes

Yikes. I hope these side effects settle down soon.

Guy

And all the negative hoopla about AZ. All vaccines can have side effects.

2 Likes

Grass seed means grain.
“is a grass species cultivated for its grain,”
And it’s chinese character says grain 高粱.
Grain grain grain~

3 Likes