Share your Covid Vaccination Experience Here

Are you an allergic person? I just had an allergic reaction to something that was not even in my list of ingredients to avoid. It could have been poor plant sanitation or a new allergy.
Anyone with food, medicine, tic/mite or bee sting allergies please mention that until us how the doctors addressed your concerns.

The pianist seemed to appreciate my applause.

1 Like

I’m low key jealous of all the teachers able to get vaccinated :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m low key jealous of all those people whose job is just teaching

1 Like

My first shot was during the self-pay window before the big outbreak started. Registered online at Far Easter Hospital and got a spot. Arrived on the appointed day to find the vaccine area on an upper floor in a cramped corridor with lots of people, lots of forms to fill out, and a long wait before they started vaccinating.

The second time, I had to wait until the day before the 70th day before I could book my slot, according to a text I received. That morning, the registration website was down. Thankfully it was up and running later in the day and I got my spot. The following day, I found the vaccination station to be on the second floor mezzanine, and everything was super-efficient. In and out in half an hour, including the 15-minute post-jab wait.

As for side-effects, the first time, on the day after the jab, I had a slight fever, a sense of malaise, muscle aches, and a headache. The following day I just had fatigue, and I had a lice long sleep. After that I was right as rain.

The second time, my symptoms were similar, but considerably milder, and I was able to function normally and even go outside for walks. I didn’t even have a fever. The next day I felt 100%.

Both times I had soreness on the injection spot for a few days when I pressed on it. Normal after-effects of having a needle stuck into your muscle.

2 Likes
4 Likes

My wife’s fever got even worse. It was over 38 degrees for a couple of hours until it eventually came back down to 37.5, which is still a fever. Her headache was so bad that she actually started crying for a while. She insists on not taking panadol until the fever is 38.4, but iher temperature never got that high.

My co-worker’s wife is a teacher, so she got her first AZ shot Saturday morning. She had a fever over 38 degrees around 10PM that evening. They thought she probably wouldn’t show any side-effects since she was fine that afternoon, so they didn’t get any panadol. When the fever started it was too late to go to any pharmacy. It’s times like this when the US seem more convenient with Walgreens and other 24hr pharmacies. We live in the same building so I gave them half of my panadol stash.

2 Likes

My non-existent interest in getting jabbed is even more non-existent now that I’ve heard so many people gotten sick from it. I’m the only one I know who hasn’t bothered to register online.

3 Likes

I found your post about the first shot, but I don’t want to link to it without your say-so.

2 Likes

Oh, thanks, I’ve found it now (probably not worth copying and pasting as it’s quite outdated by now anyway):

Also wrote about my side effects for the first dose:

How did you find it? The weird thing was that I searched earlier, and again now, for a couple of terms I was sure I’d used, like “NTUH” and “waiting” in posts written by me. The post doesn’t come up - weird…

2 Likes

You said it was ten weeks ago, so I used the advanced search function.

4 Likes

Thanks, @tando!

I could split and move more posts from other threads, but this would probably clutter things up here and leave holes elsewhere. If anyone wants to link to other experience posts feel free to do so. I will move new posts here if I see them. :slight_smile:

might want to fix that
:sweat_smile:

A lot of people I know who got the vaccine had little to no symptoms like me.

2 Likes

Felt bad during that first night after the shot. Woke up the next day and felt good, but things turned sour for the rest of the day: muscle aches, a slight headache, felt hot but no fever. On the second day after my AZ shot, I felt much better. Only a slight headache. Better the next day. Went for a short walk on that third day after the shot. On the fourth day after getting vaccinated, went for a 6k hike. Back to 95% (my time was a bit slower than normal so I wouldn’t say 100% on the fourth day).

3 Likes

I’ve been informed that on Sunday her temperature went as high as 39. That’s scary.

3 Likes

I’m allergic to the 3 major antibiotics (penicillin, keflex, sulfa), and am scheduled for tomorrow afternoon for my first az shot. I also have more of a reaction to bee/wasp stings than most people, but never life threatening, just extra swelling and lasts much longer. Will see what the doc at the clinic says when I tell him/her. Wife had hers two days ago, she just felt a bit tired yesterday.

1 Like

Isn’t it that most allergic reactions happen quite quickly after vaccination? If I was in that situation, I’d be tempted to hang around/nearby the hospital longer than the usual 15 min (and get vaccinated in a proper hospital rather than a clinic).

3 Likes

Here is a link I found which could help somebody decide if they should/should not take the vaccine because of allergies.

3 Likes

My wife got the vax-jab yesterday. The worst symptom so far is that she was a little slower making my dinner last night and my lunch today tasted a tad uninspired. I sure hope these symptoms subside soon.

12 Likes

I am sure she is a bit vexed with her husband too…

4 Likes