Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - July/August 2021

Gaoliang is grain though lol

3 Likes

I went to the link that was posted here last week:

https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/dHemwYfEsZuoUNT5MdDg-Q

Printed out the form and asked a colleague to fill it out in Chinese. It’s not a requirement, I just wanted to avoid the hassle of getting someone to do it at the vaccine site. I get a jab this week so hopefully this will work. I also made a printout of my appointment confirmation. And yes, bring NHI card and ARC/APRC. Good luck.

1 Like

No. It’s from a grass seed, sorghum.

They didn’t need the confirmation, just NHI, they didn’t even look at my APRC. But then they had all my (older) info in their computer as I have been a patient there 10 years ago. They still had my old (Chinese) name, my NHI # stayed the same tho. All smooth. Just use Google translate to translate the questions, the rest they will fill out for you if you can’t. I told them I can but slow, so they didn’t bother having me do it, saving time.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s good advice

She was having arm pain yesterday, but things got real in the middle of the night. She now has a splitting headache, a low fever around 37.5, ear pain (that one is new, I don’t remember reading about that one), and the arm pain got worse. If her T-shirt brushed against her arm, she reacts like if a blade just slashed her. She’s been sleeping through most of the day, only waking up to ask for a drink of water. So yeah, the second moderna shot is no joke.

6 Likes

Yikes. I hope these side effects settle down soon.

Guy

And all the negative hoopla about AZ. All vaccines can have side effects.

2 Likes

Grass seed means grain.
“is a grass species cultivated for its grain,”
And it’s chinese character says grain 高粱.
Grain grain grain~

3 Likes

… plant of the grass family (Poaceae) and its edible starchy seeds. :thinking:

Taiwan will allow people who have received a jab of the AstraZeneca (AZ) COVID-19 vaccine to take an mRNA vaccine as the second shot, Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) head Chen Shih-chung (陳時中) announced on Sunday (July 25).

4 Likes

283,105 shots over the weekend.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/pE71IGba0woK8H7xRzhcgQ

6 Likes

If it’s good enough for the Chancellor of Germany…

1 Like

I thought the whole schpeel about AZ is that it affects young people more.

And it’s overblown. Birth control pills have a higher chance of blood clots. But what does that have to do with mixing to mRNA for second shot?

4 Likes

I think if they are going to demonstrate its safety, and the public is worried about its effects on young people, they should pick some young people to demonstrate.

I agree with you, but I’m speaking in terms of marketing/PR.

First they need to get them!

Good article although title doesnt match contents

One succinct response to that headline:

Guy

3 Likes

I mean the headline isnt a match for the article which he probably didnt even bother reading. Also he is wrong as well, there is quite a large audience for a more practical relationship with China

I think a good article and assessment of the situation

1 Like