Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - July/August 2021

Seems like a lot of people would be waiting for Pfizer to show up by September/October, since there’s no way they are going to be able to get Moderna anytime soon.

2 Likes

The doctor doing the pre-vaccine check at Mackay said to make an appointment at the family clinic at the hospital and they could put the 1st jab batch information on the card for you. He only had the batch number of the current injection, which he hand-wrote on the yellow card under the AstraZeneca stamp.

Do you have the NHI app? If so, this should show the batch numbers for both your jabs.
If you can find out the correct batch number, then I guess you could ask “someone” to write it in for you on the card (but obviously this should only done by a medical professional :expressionless:!).

3 Likes

Which political obstacles?

So about 3 million people who have registered online are willing to take AZ, and now we’ll have a lot of AZ stock as well. A lot of us might be able to get the first shot soon.

7 Likes

Yes, choose AZ as an option and you should get the vaccine during this period. Things could change, though, such as the delta variant getting in and then everyone changing their settings to indicate a willingness for the AZ vaccine.

1 Like

Is there a stamp on top of the batch number? I could just write it on myself…

How can one-dose coverage be higher than total coverage?

0.41% have received two doses, it seems. But I thought it was a higher percentage than that. That’s low, but I guess in line with the strategy of getting many vaccinated with one dose first.

1 Like

As at Tuesday, 85828 have received 2 doses. AZ supplies were getting low until the last week, so not much would have been available for 2nd doses. That should now start rising as those who had their first shots in early May start lining up. I think @Icon would maybe be in line for the 2nd by now as I think she had her first one in early May.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/OPIOwCVIZZM2q2TpBLEtUA

1 Like

But we won’t have three million az right and still haven’t finished the over 50s

1 Like

I read somewhere that the yellow card is just a record, and you should go to hospital or somewhere if you need a certificate.

4 Likes

Anyone? 3 million from the most recent group registered their intent to receive AZ (only AZ or either of the two). How many AZ vaccines are on hand now (or will be at the end of today)? It needs to be kept in mind that 1 million from categories 9 and 10 expressed a willingness to receive AZ, but this needs to be checked because I’m losing track of the news I’ve read in the last few days.

Well, they just released for use the first batch from Thailand of 620,000 AZ vaccines yesterday.

Today we received 970,000 AZ from Japan and another 560,700 from Thailand.

I don’t think there was much left from the other AZ shipments based on some info posted on here yesterday or the day before so I think we currently have around 2.2 million AZ doses.

Edit: Tando correctly pointed out the I missed the second Japanese donation. I can’t find info on whether it has passed inspection yet, but based on the typical inspection time, I don’t think it has. With those doses we are probably at around 3.35 million.

3 Likes

1,130,000 AZ from Japan last week, already distributed?

2 Likes

Icon already got her second shot, thank you so much for caring.

Only four furriners, two young men, two silver foxes.

There was obviously more people than the first time and the procedure was streamlined to the essential steps only. Loved the push cart bit. Quick and painless.

8 Likes

No, it needs to be included in my tally. I can’t find anything on the local news saying they have passed inspection yet. Probably tonight or tomorrow. So total is around 3.35 million.

2 Likes

So 1 million from categories 9 and 10 (this needs to be confirmed) and 3 million from the new group that just registered. It seems we’re almost there. And by the time we get through the 3.35 million (well over 2 weeks), it seems there’s a good chance that some other AZ vaccinations will come through, judging from recent history.

Is there reason to be optimistic? Can those 3 million ALL get vaccinated? I think there’s a good chance of that happening, again assuming something doesn’t happen to have loads of people changing their preference to accept AZ.

Like a lot of things in Taiwan, bureaucracy, add more work in stead of doing it in one go.

1 Like

I have been optimistic since the BNT news. Deliveries have really been picking up, but I do think we are going to start seeing more second doses that need to be administered so some of these might go to that also. For instance, mine is due in 6 weeks, and I got vaccinated a few weeks after they started pushing groups 1, 2 and 3 to get vaccinated, so I’m assuming a lot of the 1-3 are probably close to or over the 10 week mark now.

3 Likes

In my haste and desire for good news, I didn’t even consider that! But it will be nice if we continue to get surprises of more vaccines.

2 Likes