Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - July/August 2021

Other countries are using Moderna for that age group, expect Taiwan will follow suit within the next two years that the vaccines are scheduled to be delivered over.

Well I am in there somewhere, as is my partner as we are both 65+ - but just where as the Hukou is in Taipei City, and we live in New Taipei City, which is also where we had our shots.

1 Like

Today was kind off a ‘lazy’ day, I just was like feeling a little tired, nothing major tho.

1 Like

I got vaccinated yesterday morning. I managed to get all the common symptoms, for which I surely deserve some sort of prize. 36 hours later and my temperature is still hovering around 38.5 (it was just over 39 last night, no I am not basing that off of one of the comedy thermometers used in convenience stores), constant shivering and sweating, periodic splitting headache and the rest. I’ve probably spent about 6 hours or so awake in the last 24 hours. I know loads of people who have had AZ had very mild symptoms or none at all though, so I guess I was just unlucky. :face_with_thermometer:

9 Likes

So sorry to hear that. Take care.

1 Like

Going to get AZed tomorrow. Will let you know about my experience. :face_with_thermometer:

5 Likes

I heard 48 hours is the magic number. Hope that’s true in your case. Good luck and take care!

The link between Covid vaccines and heavy periods.

1 Like

Very relaxed experience at Xiushan Elementary School in Zhonghe.
:+1:

3 Likes

Fantastic!

Guy

My wife got the text for her to go get her second moderna shot this Saturday.

I think it’s going to be a pretty tough weekend.

1 Like

Hope the side effects for her are not as bad as the first time around . . .

Guy

I got my first AZ shot Thurs morning. Felt fine all day Thurs and when going to bed that night. During the night I did experience a mild fever, and a lingering headache. But nothing too serious. Felt better after I got up this morning and had some coffee. I’ll be taking it easy today. I do feel a bit tired.

9 Likes

10 Likes

Czech Republic planning to donate vaccines to Taiwan

10 Likes

Also bought another million Moderna to arrive in Q4 this year 莫德納疫苗加購100萬劑 今年第4季供接種 | 生活 | 重點新聞 | 中央社 CNA

2 Likes
台灣COVID-19疫苗統計
Infogram

So hopefully should be 6 million Moderna this year(outside of donations)

CDC thanks Moderna profusely for allowing the extra purchase as the supply situation is insane right now

3 Likes

Good on CDC for learning from mistakes to be honest and purchasing aggressively for next year.

13 Likes

Yes, they learned. And I think just barely averted a huge disaster. Still not 100% in the clear but things are looking good and most definitely much better than a month or so ago.

It’s been fun reading this thread. It seems the gloom and doom for Taiwan folks have left it.

3 Likes

There’s no light without darkness, my friend.