Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - July/August 2021

Heaven forbid order enough vaccines.

5 Likes

Sometimes some will be found sold out the back of a (blue?) truck :wink:

Yes! Isn’t this board dedicated to moaning about the LACK of vaccine purchases? Now that they are planning forward, we wonder: why buy so many? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Guy

4 Likes

So the rest of the world could have a tasted of not having enough vaccines. We Taiwanese EVIL!!

If the pan-blue camp comes up with that spin, I would not be surprised.

Look at the terrible flooding in Zhengzhou! How could this government be so evil to purchase so many vaccines when people are suffering like that?

/sarcasm off

Guy

2 Likes

There is a huge demand. Load up on stock while you can. Profit later.

Also, you can simply pour it into the nation’s water supply.

From today’s press conference:

Guy

3 Likes

Seems like it, according to the presser this afternoon only a little of that Moderna is arriving in Q4 this year, most of it is next year. Likely will be used when vaccinations open up for the 12 to 18 year olds.

1 Like

Will need to do annual boosters and deal with new variants

1 Like

Geez. We’re only at D.

Buy vaccine shares ASAP.

That is unlikely as Moderna is unfortunately not approved for such usage, but Pfizer/BNT is. I would expect youth to be provided the option to take the latter when it starts to arrive in the fall (15 million total, starting with one million scheduled to be delivered in September).

Guy

1 Like

thats the BNT

1 Like

Those Moderna purchases were announced last week, not sure why still being discussed

The full amount of the purchase is being presented by Liberty Times, UDN, and Reuters (and perhaps others) as breaking news.

Guy

1 Like

I guess there will be other vaccines available this year and those Moderna will be matched with Sanofi and the domestic ones.

Honestly too many vaccines is not a problem for a wealthy country, just means you get more earlier and can avoid economic and health disasters.

Excess vaccines can just donate to wherever. Its a good problem to have

4 Likes

More details from today’s press conference about the anticipated delivery schedule:

https://twitter.com/brianhioe/status/1418096874393804804

Guy

1 Like

Not the really bad reactions. So be extra careful for a few weeks.

1 Like

This graph came from a middle school project that organizes government published data on COVID.

My question is, why is the elderly vaccination rate so low in Taipei City? I mean sure it’s not the lowest, but considering all major cities and cities in the North are seeing elderly vaccination rate over 70%, Taipei City’s number is lower than Changhua county…

1 Like

Especially since past orders have shown these vaccines come in trickles over long periods of time and are due to disruptions. So it’s smart insurance to order more than you need.

3 Likes

Perhaps a bunch of them have hukou in Taipei but actually reside in Canada or elsewhere?

Guy

1 Like