Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - July/August 2021

Taiwan will allow people who have received a jab of the AstraZeneca (AZ) COVID-19 vaccine to take an mRNA vaccine as the second shot, Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) head Chen Shih-chung (陳時中) announced on Sunday (July 25).

4 Likes

283,105 shots over the weekend.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/pE71IGba0woK8H7xRzhcgQ

6 Likes

If it’s good enough for the Chancellor of Germany…

1 Like

I thought the whole schpeel about AZ is that it affects young people more.

And it’s overblown. Birth control pills have a higher chance of blood clots. But what does that have to do with mixing to mRNA for second shot?

4 Likes

I think if they are going to demonstrate its safety, and the public is worried about its effects on young people, they should pick some young people to demonstrate.

I agree with you, but I’m speaking in terms of marketing/PR.

First they need to get them!

Good article although title doesnt match contents

One succinct response to that headline:

Guy

3 Likes

I mean the headline isnt a match for the article which he probably didnt even bother reading. Also he is wrong as well, there is quite a large audience for a more practical relationship with China

I think a good article and assessment of the situation

1 Like

30,000 vaccines to be donated by Czech Republic

11 Likes

Over 38 year olds can book AZ shots from 10am today

5 Likes

Sorry if this has been asked before, but do I need to wait until I receive a text message?

No just go on the website and register COVID-19 公費疫苗預約平台

1 Like

I couldn’t register, and when it did go through it said that I don’t meet the qualifications even though I am 42, and a teacher.

I will be registered in August, as that’s the second wave of vaccination for teachers who didn’t get the chance the first time, at least that’s what I was told by my co-teacher 15 minutes ago.

1 Like

Isn’t that for registered people who have received the text messages informing them to sign up?

2 Likes

Ahh I see, that makes sense. Well, I guess I’ll get inoculated in August and have to self-test since I have summer camp to attend…

If they have not provided a vaccine to you, cancel it!

Guy

I have to get tested 3-7 days before, and school is fine with that since that is what the government regulation states. They said that self-test is fine as well

2 Likes

You are a lot kinder and more flexible than I would be. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy