Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

But this doesn’t make sense as there is at least a two month gap between doses.

So they’ll just pause shots in that time?

can somebody bring this up to ko wen when he starts talking bollocks about china vaccines again? what an utter twat.

1 Like

Personally I think there’s been some misinterpretation about “fully vaccinated.” I bet it doesn’t mean each person in the priority group gets a second shot, but just each person is given ample opportunity to get their first shot before moving on to other groups. Certainly something for Chen to clarify at one of his pressers instead of answering nonsense racist questions about migrants’ hygiene habits.

3 Likes

But it’s not just those front line workers , lots of other local government workers are getting them from reports .

1 Like

the latest proposed priority in Mandarin. They will reconsider about it this week.

Most Priority 8 people wont bother getting vaccinated - they will consider themselves to be lucky to have been allocated that number. :grimacing:

I believe that is what it means currently and that is their policy currently.

3 US senators arrived in Taipei for a 3-hour visit, and announced that US is donating 750K vaccines to Taiwan.

8 Likes

The visit of a US Military Aircraft is sure to “impress” the mob across the ditch.

1 Like

when a third country involving, it is international.

They are apparently meeting in Taipei as we discuss this.

Great to see the bipartisanship in this visit. Supporting Taiwan is one of the few issues that can cross the Democratic-Republican divide.

Guy

3 Likes

There was a time not long ago when vaccinations were possible for those who wanted them, and then all vaccination appointments were cancelled. Has it changed - can foreign residents of Taiwan get a COVID vaccination in Taiwan?

1 Like

No, unless you’re in a priority group you’ll have to wait. Vaccines were previously available to those who wanted them because there weren’t enough takers for the AZ vaccine doses that were going to expire before the virus got in. After the virus got in, there was almost instantly more demand for vaccine than supply.

…nnNot what I wanted to hear, but Thank you - :expressionless:

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/dt_002-csse_covid_19_daily_reports_vaccine_city2.php

台灣各縣市施打COVID-19疫苗統計

The Chinese describing the bureaucrat priority group is actually, unexpectedly, quite specific, not a lot of wiggle room in there.

It’s not that clear to me although a lot clearer than before.
I just noticed how the government officials put themselves in group 2 before many other more vulnerable groups (over 85s, pregnant women ).

However they are adjusting it quite late meanwhile many government workers have been getting it already with less scrutiny.

The part I don’t like most is then getting the two doses first before all other groups.

中央及地方政府防疫人員(含機場第一線工作人員) 1. 維持防疫體系運作之中央及地方政府重要官員
2. 可能接觸個案之第一線防疫人員及協助居家檢疫或提供送餐等服務之村里長等人員
3. 可能與入境

2 Likes

Focus Taiwan reports on this morning’s news:

Guy

4 Likes

It just sounds like you’re just trying to make controversy where there isn’t any…

What’s the problem with government workers getting priority? As much as people like to criticise, we do actually still need services to function with as little interruption as possible. Finance workers probably should count, yes, especially when there are so many extra duties right now.

Plus, of course, we have our lovely neighbour who would love to see failure of governance.

It’s also not true that they have the worst therapeutic effect. You can read this review, written by world-renowned experts at Baylor College of Medicine, about protein subunit-base vaccines for Covid:

And the reason Taiwan went with protein subunits is because that’s what they have the most experience designing and manufacturing.

We’ll have to wait for the trial data to judge efficacy of these specific vaccines. But the technology itself is more than proven.

Really.

So that’s why I can find lots of media reports on it over the last few days and I posted two articles here .

Because there’s no controversy.:joy::joy:

The problem is
A) some of those workers are not front line
B) why do they automatically get priority
C) why do they get two shots first instead.of one shot and then one shot going to other extremely vulnerable groups such as pregnant women and elderly

Many old people are going to die in those nursing homes.

Some folks are calling for the vaccinations to instead be allocated to hotspots such as Wanhua .

5 Likes