Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Let’s just hope the Taiwan Government sees fit to give “legal residents” from the countries donating vaccines to Taiwan priority to receive jabs - if not, what a slap in the face that would be!! :thinking:

1 Like

Your knowledge is wrong :sunglasses: J&J is a little lower than AZ.

But since Chen himself just stated he does not know what vaccine the U.S. will donate, it might not even be J&J

1 Like

Some of you who got your first doses may soon get your second doses.

7 Likes

Following this line of reasoning, things look tough for the Aussies among us.

Guy

2 Likes

Looks like the goal is for mass vaccination to start on June 15. Probably after going through all the checks for the Japanese batch that was delivered and distributed around Taiwan.

1 Like

Things are looking as good as they can on the vaccination front right now. I don’t think there’s any cause for pessimism (at the moment anyway).

1 Like

Seems like they do know, but won’t announce it yet.

2 Likes

Japanese citizens in Taiwan got priority to those Japanese donations. So I suppose this time US citizens would have the priority.

At this rate, Taiwanese could all get vaccinated through charity donations, without spending a single dollar on the vaccines :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

There exists a more straightforward alternative. Former chairman of New Party Yu Muming took a flight to Shanghai to receive a dose—hats off to this united front veteran.

1 Like

That’s probably their screwed-up plan - they can then explain away their mismanagement to those vaccine-rich countries who are not willing to share - same old excuse story - it is not us - it is them…

好丟臉🤦‍♀️

Remind you that you should not use hyperbole so often because it gets dull fast.

Has it been mentioned that apparently half of the US promised vaccines are J&J, meaning just one shot required?

As per local news.

1 Like

Apparently there is no confirmation yet, so unless things have changed in the past few hours it is just speculation. We will know next week.

The 90,000 people are people who are absolutely vital to keep the country functioning and not descend into anarchy. People like minister Chen and his staff, office of the president, control yuan, etc.

Would you really want a cluster in those area?

2 Likes

There have already been isolated cases in some ministries/agencies.

Problem for me starts with folks in Taidien -Taipower-or the post office getting sick. Taisugar, Zhongio -gas and fuel-, etc. Lots of employees in one place usually. Going back to families and hence community transmission.

The older folk over 75 is being moved to third tier, for safety reasons.

2 Likes

Yup, I will definitely be keeping a close eye out for further developments on that one, although I know it won’t be clear for a while yet. I’m at almost seven weeks post-Dose 1 now, so they’ve got a few weeks yet to get themselves sorted out, or else oo oo oo, I’ll be angry and words will be said!

Nah, not really. I should be such a low priority compared to what else is going on.

2 Likes

Do you have to get a third dose if you waited for too long for your second shot? I mean, is there a time limit in between shots?

Still unknown, I think. But it seems to be a common assumption that we’re all going to need regular boosters anyway.

1 Like

8 to 12 weeks is the norm with AZ.

2 Likes