Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

We furriners who love to complain.

Heck, you should hear me going on about the weather.

Than I am not in your ā€œweā€ group.
I praise. Praise my coworkers, praise my kids and yes even praise my wife.
But there I see reason to praise.

Anyway ā€¦ you are an optimist. That is good.

3 Likes

Itā€™s the weekend. We have to believe things will get better. And we, as in Taiwan, have seen worse pickles.

As we say in Spanish, no hay mal que dure 100 aƱos ni cuerpo que lo resista.

Or the equivalent in English: this too shall pass, like a kidney stone, but it will pass.

If the necessary infrastructure is build.

No worries, will just take a year or two until everything is readyā€¦

1 Like

Here you go, the Taiwan tourist industry gets creative (including a shopping tour)

Groups tours for this purpose have been declared illegal.

Nothing stopping individuals from going, though.

Guy

The magic word is ā€˜reasonableā€™, havenā€™t met too many of them in Taiwan yet.

Iā€™m with you. It sounds to me like an excuse to turn down an offer. Sigh.

Makes more sense if theyā€™re saving the production line for domestic vaccines. Since the o mighty government just announced that theyā€™ll do 1M shots per week and will purchase (have purchased?) 10 M domestic vaccines. So itā€™d make sense if they wanted to save the production line for fast mass production from June rob August. And also force the citizens to use the domestic vaccines, since we donā€™t have a lot of choices.

It could also simply be that out government has lost their mind. Who knowsā€¦

2 Likes

Has anyone managed to book a second dose yet?

Mineā€™s 22nd, but I still have no idea if I should just turn up at Mackay for it, phone ahead to book or what number to call to book ahead.

Tried three times last week, and the bloke at the help desk panicked and hung up twice when he realised my Chinese was shoddy and another one transferred me to a never ending loop of automated responses for half an hour before connecting me to an ever-ringing but never-answered phone.

I donā€™t think you can book a second dose right now if your first dose was self-paid:

2 Likes

I think the military academy is in Kaoshung. Itā€™s where my dad got his training.

1 Like

The Mayor has impressed me so far with his handling of things. Whatever he lacks in charisma or ā€œstar powerā€, he makes up for in sheer competenceā€¦ which is all that really matters. If Korean Fish was in charge, weā€™d probably be a new epicenter by now. He would have had a zongzi special for families coming down from Taipei for the covid boat festival.

6 Likes

Those who did the self-paid optoin in the beginning (April) should still be able to get their shot in the 10-12 week range.

Cheers

There was a thing saying June 15 posted a few weeks ago, but not saying whether the doses are been done then or book an appointment after then.

I guess since itā€™s July, it means book a second dose after June 15.

Remember the Friendship fleet? That one

Fosun said Taiwan must buy BNT through them again yesterday.

1 Like

I was told to book the second vax two weeks before the date they stamped on my card. That two-week buffer happens to begin next week for me. So Iā€™ll try then.

You have a source for this, please?

Sorry, I donā€™t have an English source.

5 Likes