Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Just got word from our district person saying that priority is Taiwan citizens and foreigners are not eligible at the moment.

1 Like

In Taipei?

not exactly, iiuc. Taiwan citizen whose hukou is registered in Taipei.

At this rate, I’ll not shed a tear when the people’s RoC attacks - every country can then say our nationals there are a priority to protect - not Taiwanese.

When I read the words “vaccine reservation system has already been finished”, this indicates to me it has been tested, and successfully run as a pilot or beta release at some site, for some limited user base. In technology you would never use this choice of words unless you knew the thing was airtight. There are always wrinkles when you go live, no matter how good you are. For example the logic might be okay, but some unexpected stampede of users at one particular time might bring it down.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus

You refer to foreigners regarding a) self-paid or b) those with ARC/APRC and NHI for the general vaccination scheme?

This is for people in Taipei who are over 85.
Foreigners who have ARC/APRC are not eligible at the moment.

3 Likes

They really shouldn’t use the word people, then.

1 Like

Maybe a chance to participate in a lottery, like they did in Ohio. Even if people are reluctant at first to get vaccinated, everybody loves some free money.

Good point.
But what word was used in Chinese?

Now what I find weird is that my landlady was told by her doctor not to take the vaccine as she had had cancer. I hope then I can quote this to convince her to finally take the shot.

My elderly neighbors do not want to take AZ because certain political elements have been bad mouthing those vaccines, calling them “what no one else wants
bad quality
” and other stuff. The “they want vaccines but not that vaccine or the other” crowd.

One told me they will wait for the locally produced one. But the rest are waiting
I don’t know what for.

1 Like

the Chinese word is clear.
Taiwan citizen who is old enough and whose hukou is registered in Taipei.
over 85 in general. over 65 if aboriginal.
If your hukou is registered in somewhere else or you don’t have hukou, you are out, at this moment.

1 Like

I wonder about the elderly foreign priests we have nearby, 80 years old is average among them. A couple have nationality but not all. It would look very bad if anything happened to them.

There are not that many elderly resident foreigners. And I do not believe all eligible Taiwanese will take their shots. It is not nice to leave us foreigners aside. No reciprocity, man.

Look, in today’s presser they said that by August the vaccines that were purchased - the 20 million more or less- will be incoming and the process will be normalized. But many things can happen between now and then.

Edit
I would still call the help numbers.

1 Like

Some people hear what they want to hear, also I would have to ask what kind of “Doctor”.

Unfortunately this is happening in other countries and they are all using each other as a reference to support their arguments.

For one of their circle of cronies or untouchable leaders to tell them its ok. They don’t want to be the first on to be vaccinated and be talked about.

Famous Taida doctor. Weird advice.

Mostly US and China copy paste disinformation, extrapolating from the Line messages.

The Martial Law had that effect on people: they do not question authorities, but won’t do as the “renegades” tell them, no matter how reasonable.

sorry
there is a world for Taiwanese citizens who are old enough and who have hukou in Taibei?

Or is the word just äșș民

No it is not the word. It says Citizen with hukou registered in Taipei, as I repeated.

@icon posted their announcement in Chinese.

1 Like

My apartment is mainly old and retired people and a lot of them don’t really understand the science, they rely on others to interpret it for them. It’s when the people they look too misunderstand it or misrepresent it they have a problem.

When the heath team comes in once a week and put them all in the picture, you see the ringleaders desperately trying to find information to back up whatever nonsense they where saying, just so they don’t loose face. Then it starts again till the next week.

2 Likes

And round and round we go

I am really worried about this elderly crowd. Passing disinformation on Line, not following safety protocols, not vaccinating

2 Likes