Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Try pasting here for a visual translation: Translate text from photos from English and other languages – Yandex.Translate

2 Likes

Cool resource, thanks!

Of course it turned the bulk of this particular text into nonsense, but not surprising since it’s mostly names of neighborhoods and locations. I expect it will come in handy though for other documents though.

1 Like

The handwriting at the upper right hand corner states that it won’t be limited to the huji (不限制戶籍,household register). That’s encouraging because to stop this thing, you don’t want these types of artificial limitations.

2 Likes

Taipei residents older than 85 without hukou registered in Taipei can register for vaccine tomorrow and next day at nearby district office. They can take vaccine from Jun 17. iiuc and wrote correctly what I understood.

4 Likes

It is a bit different from Kaohsiung city government, which handed individual appointments block by block.

Of course, each local government is doing it’s thing. Some are vaccinating up to 85, others 75 years old.

1 Like

don’t go there. You should call.

1 Like

Example if you live in Daan, these are the hospitals and clinics with vaccines:

The info from city government:

Smacks of desperation .

I don’t think this vaccine will be dangerous but the jury is out on how effective it’s going to be.

Whoever made these idiotic decisions should be ‘fired’.

Red haired and can predict great pestilences :no_mouth:

1 Like

Good news for Novavax; hopefully, Medigen will wind up as effective or some of the Novavax will get imported after approval. Only downside from the article is that they are pushing back approval for Novavax from July to September.

2 Likes

News reporting now on how it is possible for one person to register for vaccination in multiple clinics. It’s unclear whether they would actually be able to receive multiple shots, lets hope not.

Taiwan hasnt bought and Novavax

1 Like

Update from Chen today on BNT, and its looking more promising. Guo’s team preparing some more legal documents. They want to take a portion of vaccines for Foxconn workers and Chen said can be discussed.

2 Likes

Taiwan is stingier than a private foundation .
This is why we are where we are.

The US government has funded Novavax’s research, committing to pay $1.6 billion to the biotech last summer to run this late-stage study and purchase 100 million doses. Novavax also received financial support from the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations, a Bill Gates-backed nonprofit, which provided up to $388 million in funding to Novavax last spring to support its vaccine research.

Because up to now, cmiiaw, AZ is not approved by the U.S. FDA yet.
If you have some student looking to study in the U.S., then just get the vaccine in the U.S. after landing, as the 3 can be found anywhere (P, M, J&J).

2 Likes

This seems somehow different from what NTC Mayer said at today’s press conference. I read he said tomorrow is only for people with hukou registered in NTC, and other people are after that, if I understood correctly and wrote correctly what I understood. Districts, neighborhoods, or hospitals might have some discretion, or the information I read was not up-to-date, though.

It might better you check announcement on the city gov. Covid site or neighborhood chief.

not getting my hopes up for mRNA vaccines now

1 Like

Completing info on graph above, that was in rats, not humans ^^.

Lucky they weren’t chopping up people to get those results, huh. :roll_eyes:

https://www.pmda.go.jp/drugs/2021/P20210212001/672212000_30300AMX00231_I100_1.pdf#page=16

There’s the whole thing of anyone is interested.

The risk of toxic spike proteins being produced all through one’s body instead of localized at the injection site is a huge red flag.

1 Like

lol sounds about right. seems like …cheap as possible, return as much as possible.