Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Past health scandals have apparently seriously cooled Japanese desires to produce / administer vaccines. Instead of confronting past problems head on, they seem to have just shied away.

Guy

3 Likes

China’s number might look different if we only counted the products that actually work.

Guy

5 Likes

China mass-producing shite again.

1 Like

I understand perfectly well that you’re spewing common anti-vax nonsense. On one hand, you don’t want people to take vaccines because “we can’t be certain yet” but on the other hand, you’ve promoted in another thread the use of drugs that haven’t been proven to do anything to prevent or treat COVID on the basis that they have “known safety profiles”.

There are no research papers that indicate the spike protein of the vaccines causes harmful inflammatory responses in humans. To the contrary, hundreds of millions of people have received one of the mRNA vaccines and in places where their use is high, cases, hospitalizations and deaths have fallen off a cliff and life is returning to normal.

I’m in one of those places now and am happier than ever that I made the decision to come back and get vaxxed. If I turn into a zombie 5 years from now, I’ll be grateful I had 5 years of normal life not popping ivermectin and fluvoxamine daily, purchased online from some dude in India, to ward off the COVID spirits.

4 Likes

:roll_eyes:

I wouldn’t take them daily. Maybe a nine day course if I happen to test positive.

And I fully support vaccines.

Jesus, you are super disingenuous.

Mackay has to be the most frustrating hospital to get in touch with. Every time “the number you have dialed is busy please try again later”

At least put me in a queue–I usually hate queues, but it’s better than having to redial and get the same message every 10 minutes.

So you’re going to test yourself for COVID every time you get a slight tingle in your throat, start coughing, or feel fatigued? You also do realize that those toxic spike proteins from the virus could be running through your veins without you developing any noticeable symptoms, right?

Btw, are you a medical doctor? Because it’s interesting that you’d prescribe yourself “maybe” a 9 day course. Sounds super scientific.

Just not the COVID vaccines. Seems to be a common refrain from a particular group. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Are you trying to book your second injection? From what I’ve heard, today is the first day you can do that. Phones are probably overwhelmed.

I’m interested to see how this goes. I’m getting conflicting messages as to whether those of us who have had our first shots are eligible to get second shots from among this Japanese donation.

Been a while since it was mentioned, but more vaccines should be coming from Japan.

4 Likes

Yeah, mine is pencilled in 22, but wanna try and confirm it. But it’s proving difficult.

Surprised they don’t have a dedicated number instead of going through the general call line.

1 Like

Irrelevant. They can and do get sick; they can and do spread the virus to other people, including older, more vulnerably people. And yes, some children and young people have actually died of Covid.

5 days ago, they said those people would not be included this time, iiuc and iirc.

1 Like

I got through at last.

And the person I spoke to was about as useful as Anne Frank’s drum kit.

“I’m phoning up to book my second vaccine”

“Not avaiable”

“Ok, I don’t want it today. I had my first jab, my card says 22nd.”

“Don’t know”

“Will vaccines be available by the 22nd”

“Don’t know”

“Do you know when I can phone up and book?”

“Don’t know”

“Well, are the Japanese vaccines being used for the 2nd jab”

“Don’t know”

“I thought we were meant to book our second jab on the 15th or after”

“Don’t know”

Cheers

10 Likes

Welp…no plans to avoid quarantine if you are fully vaccinated…unless you are air crew…

And Taiwan still hasn’t learnt its lesson…

6 Likes

No, if I present little or no symptoms I have nothing to worry about. If I start having severe symptoms, I’ll start my course immediately and go get tested. If it’s somewhere in between, I’ll make an informed choice. I feel pity for people like you who seem unable to think for themselves. You seem to think everything is black and white. There is always trial and error and many shades of grey. If not, why would doctors prescribe off label?

No, I tentatively prefer the subunit vaccines. Once again you prove unable to argue in good faith, always deliberately posting things I did not say or posting false equivalencies. I’m done responding to you.

Cheers

1 Like

So you rail against “experimental vaccines” that are licensed to prevent serious illness and death from COVID but encourage off-label use of various drugs to self-treat COVID? Makes sense! :roll_eyes:

Yes, anyone who chooses not to buy into misinformation peddled by fringe lunatics and anti-vaxxers must be a sheeple!

Funny thing is I’m sitting here vaxxed in a place that reopens to normal life later today while you’re holed up in TW talking about buying ivermectin online from India (what could go wrong?). Please don’t pity me too much.

3 Likes

the person was honest. The central authority has not decided those things yet, except that it is not avairable right now.

2 Likes

Could have been a bit more informative than “don’t know”. Don’t know is nothing. If she answered “the central authority has not decided those things yet” then that would be fine.

But dont know could mean she personally doesn’t know, the hospital doesn’t know, nobody knows, she doesn’t understand what I’m talking about, she thinks I’m trying to book a first vaccine etc.

2 Likes