Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Same situation for most hospitals .

The central authority will say - we got a call bla blah saying, you said, we haven’t decided. While that is true, you are not allowed to say that !

1 Like

They never did that? What use is quarantine?

They kept arguing about false positives.

1 Like

Months ago I thought the procedure was that arrivals had to quarantine for 2 weeks. Then they were tested, and if positive, they were tested again a few days later, and not released until they had two negative tests.

I guess somebody lied when they said this was what they did.

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Effectiveness or otherwise of Ivermectin for early COVID treatment

Hence the start of trouble in Taiwan.

“having lots of debates”

What, is Fan Yun still trying to milk some money out of compromising the nation’s safety?

The Mayer said over 85 people without hukou registered in NTC can get vaccinated from this Friday 6/18, at today’s press conference. They can register through district office or through neighborhood chief till 6/17 afternoon. iiuc

the 2nd batch is distributed, but Chen just said who got the 1st one by self-pay maybe should wait. no word until when. iiuc

2 Likes

Thanks for persevering. I tried to do the same thing a week ago and gave up getting through. I managed to get on hold once after about 40 attempts, but the automated system that had me on hold decided to hang up on me after about 5 minutes.

At least now we know that they do in fact not know.

1 Like

From FB: professional musicians play for the elderly getting vaccinated at Kaohsiung site.

16 Likes

Kaohsiung rocking it!

Guy

6 Likes

That’s it. I’m moving. All I need is a job…

4 Likes

Thing is for a million plus a week we will need all the stadiums, clinics, sport centers, community centers etc to become vaccination destinations.

PXMart’s are also being used, which due to their small spaces, general mayhem and B1 locations seems like a mistake.

I think gyms and nightclubs can be utilized and convenience stores with large sitting areas that are not being used.

Increasing the # of people vaccinated is going to be like molasses.

1 Like

The day after he said we (those who had a first dose ) would get the second dose and it had been reserved for us.

What a @@

1 Like

I’m at Taipei Veterans hospital right now waiting my thirty minutes before I can leave. While the staff are super helpful and very friendly the process is extremely slow. Register and fill out vaccine card, wait, blood pressure, wait, consultation, wait, shot, wait 30min. Total time is going to be a little over 2 hours. They are going to have to streamline this significantly to reach 1 million shots a day.

6 Likes