Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

I think there is a lot of bandwith in Taiwan and at least in Taipei for someone who can give a third way(keep Taiwan’s sovereignty but still keep business relationships stable in China). The KMT are a desperate traitorous joke that clearly cant be trusted.

The vaccine purchase will show that and that is why Tsai and people in her party are reticent right now.

Oh I didn’t think about him running in a third party. I just assumed KMT again. That’s a great point.

1 Like

A party that would choose Korea Fish isn’t in their right mind either.

2 Likes

Maybe they’ll have Korea Sushi instead.

Thats the sentiment that I get when I talk to my taiwanese colleagues. They all welcome to vaccines with open arms.

1 Like

yeah I don’t think Tsai is nefarious either. Yeah, I think she took a big gamble and thought that everything was going to be smooth sailing.

im actually curious her views on labor laws, as well as big-business…I always thought of the KMT as pro business.

Both major parties are pro business.

The KMT however has historically had a much cosier relationship (at time murkily entangled) with Taiwan’s huge state enterprises with their fake “unions.”

Guy

My wife works as a nurse on a geriatric ward. Some of the patients are in their 100s and have been there for 10 years on a feeding tube, are only able to blink, and have no idea where they are as they’re in late stage dementia. Their families only visit them once a week (before covid), yet insist on paying for major surgery to keep them alive at all costs, because they’d be sad when they’re gone. For me it’s selfish and also terrifying, sounds like my idea of hell.

6 Likes

Can we take a minute to call out Taiwan News for being fear-mongoring wankers with their out of onctext headlines about deaths, tying them to the vaccine without any evidence whatsoever.

Vaccine takeup is low enough already, without the media making it worse by peddling bullshit.

If I was a journalist, I’d be embarrassed to put my name to such nonsense.

6 Likes

The problem is many are as ignorant as those they’re trying to scare.

240,000 doses of Moderna arriving this afternoon

4 Likes

I heard that even before covid , Taiwan had a crazy amount of people who are being kept alive on ventilators.

Yeah I dont think old people refusing vaccines are reading it though

‘State’?

You can call them ‘journalists’ or just parrots?

I just saw this bullshit fake news graffiti next to the bike road in Jingmei. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Probably some asshole expat who thinks he’s “edgy”, not a native Taiwanese to be fair.

3 Likes

Meaning “government operated” in whole or in part—like Taitie, Taipower, Taisugar, etc etc.

Guy

I will believe it when I see it.

In Belgium there are 4 death, 3 from AZ, 1 from J&J.

In Taiwan right now already 11?

Am I missing something?