Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

The “it’s about control” thing makes me laugh.

SO they think the entire world, including hated enemies like India and China, Argentina and Chile, Irishmen and Scots, Scots and other Scots, Israel and Iran all came together to fabricate a global pandemic just to get people to wear masks for a bit … when those same countries argue over a rock in the middle of a lake, or who controls which 10 yards of crappy dirt, or who can catch fish in which bit of the water.

There are so many idiots around.

1 Like

Because they didn’t die from AZ. Most probably died from heat stroke. These are people in their 80s and 90s waiting in line for hours in waiting areas that probably aren’t well air conditioned or ventilated in the middle of a heat wave.

7 Likes

These are not deaths FROM the vaccine, but just people dying after having had a vaccination without any causality. Two totally different things.

9 Likes

Guo wouldn’t have won, but he would’ve done much better than Han. Perhaps Guo just didn’t want to be a sacrificial lamb.

1 Like

The idea that government officials actually like this sort of economic crash and voter displeasure is one of the nuttiest and most counter-intuitive positions I can think of.

More happily: did someone say more Moderna vaccines are arriving soon? :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

1 Like

Supposedly 240,000 arriving this afternoon.

With perhaps more coming on Sunday.

At this point, I’ll take all the good news I can find!

Guy

1 Like

Yeah, an other drop in the bucket. We now need about a zillion more drops to fill it.

1 Like

You are aware that the authorities are taking this one step at a time, right?

The need to set up and verify the cold chain (especially for the mRNA vaccines) means they cannot/should not take 5 million doses at once.

Guy

2 Likes

Does anyone have any news regarding to second doses for self paid early-vaxers? I have 3 weeks left until the 12 weeks window and I am thinking that we’re just being forgotten.

FYI

3 Likes

They’re concentrating on over 80s, many of whom are on death’s door as it is. And I’m not sure what they’re counting as “vaccine-related deaths”, especially since one guy died waiting in line before he got vaccinated (or so I have heard).

240,000 is over 1% of Taiwan’s total population. Over 6% of Taiwan’s adult population has been vaxed already. Sure it’s not enough, but it makes a good dent.

5 Likes

It’s good P/R and politics to vaccinate 85+. Providing shots to a small demographic blocks criticism of government inaction while diverting attention from the limited vaccine supply. It buys time for more vaccine donations/acquisitions.

Blame everything on the foreigner

1 Like

Seems they’re no longer reporting how many people have been fully vaxed in the following source:

Where can I find this figure now? I’m trying to get an accurate reading of what proportion of the population has been vaxed.

See, I always knew it. The vaccine is so dangerous that it even kills you before you take it😎

2 Likes

If that caused their deaths, it may be countable as “vaccine-related-deaths”

If 70-80k of over 75 people got vaccinated, statistically 14 of them are expected to die on the same day, though.

3 Likes

So if after you get the shot and you get run over by a bus, does that count as well?

1 Like

TSMC are now also looking to buy 5 million BNT to donate to the government. Expect a similar deal, with them taking a portion for staff and then giving the rest.

For the government this is kinda good thing. Ideally they dont want either Foxconn or TSMC getting an outbreak because would be disastrous for the economy, but it would be hard to justify to voters to vaccinate factory workers first.

4 Likes