Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Read my mind.

Even though I’m not getting a drop of what’s on board, I prefer to think of a pair of F35s on station :nerd_face:

3 Likes

There’s an EVA flight tailing right behind…

She is busy finding a phone charger! :wink:

1 Like

ETA 16:32 - about North of Guam at present.

I didn’t know that CAL had Cargo 777’s - seems they purchased 3 late last year.

1 Like

Plus they have converted passenger planes to cargo.

I would love to help with this mystery, but alas, I have to save my phone’s precious battery life. :joy:

5 Likes

and this is exactly why US citizens shouldn’t feel bad about asking for priority. Rich people in Taiwan will always find a way, they just give red envelopes to get whatever the they want. watch it go down again and again.

Right follow the bad apples and don’t feel bad about it…wasn’t expecting less from you.

this is going to happen anyway. Those with money in Taiwan do whatever they want. It’s not a good or bad person thing, it’s just how it goes.

If you’re an American in TW who is sufficiently upset with the fact that rich Taiwanese in TW play by a different set of rules, maybe the solution is to leave TW rather than ask the US government to treat you like a VVIP wherever you decide to go in the world?

5 Likes

pretty sure they said japanese get priority in Tainan. So whats the big deal?

Maybe, you can expect some mayors would say US Americans in their cities will get priority.

1 Like

doubtful, those vaccines were “bought” with the recent arms procurement deal.

1 Like

The Japanese hunt dolphins and whales. I don’t give a rat’s ass what the Japanese do. My moral compass isn’t made in JP.

As an American, I hope that the US government is more principled than to condition vaccine donations to other countries on those countries giving priority to American citizens who chose to be in those countries voluntarily during a pandemic.

2 Likes

in that case then taiwan should get 0 vaccines. country isn’t the Gaza strip. What makes taiwan entitled to donations? id rather send 2.5million vaccines to the poor countries.
see lambos, benz, beemers , guys throwing stacks at hookers.

PRC

2 Likes

Well I don’t have a problem with TW being included in the donations but yeah, I do think the priority should be poor countries that realistically have little to no ability to get vaccines on their own.

3 Likes

Honestly if you want American (also true for other nations) to be vaccinated, you should probably lobby your representation. I don’t see why it couldn’t be organized independently of NHI.

1 Like

From reuter article (EXCLUSIVE U.S. triples vaccines for Taiwan with 2.5 million-dose shipment | Reuters)

“Our vaccines do not come with strings attached,” the official said, adding Taiwan had “faced unfair challenges in its efforts to acquire vaccines on the global marketplace.”

dixit senior american official.

2 Likes

Chen said the CECC never said that there are 410,000 doses of self-purchased Moderna COVID19 vaccine arriving. He said all the information is someone’s imagniation.

What a scam…

1 Like