Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

You may find more later stat by clicking (Source: Taiwan CDC) on the site

That’s sums it all isnt it? Don’t think China limited itself to btn while America still had a “non-optimal” leadership. The balance seems to be turning, so now I expect more good surprises.

Found it

Almost 85,000 daily for the last update on 6/18.

That is pretty piss poor to be honest, when the vaccination program has been up and running for a couple of months now.

I dont understand your English or what you are trying to say or even what you are trying to achieve here.

You think that the Chinese government stopped Taiwan receiving AZ, Moderna and J+J vaccines? Did they also stop the government have enough rapid tests for an outbreak?

I mean there arent a lot of vaccines right now, what do you expect. The plan is for a million per week when get vaccines

1 Like

They should have rolling priority groups scheduled everyday, just give the biggest window to the highest priority group, and so on.

Good for you lol :laughing:!

Question is what are you trying to achieve reposting the same stuff that was discussed many times before on this thread? Where do you get this particular talking point from?

And I encourage to focus on the present situation. What we do with the millions of vaccines that we will receive today? When will we get more. I am an optimistic, it is coming soon.

1 Like

What talking point? There arent enough vaccines. Most people in Taiwan are not happy with the situation, my “talking point” is pretty standard.

I dont really get the infantilization of Taiwan stuff that a lot of foreigner seem to indulge in, we dont do that with our own countries. I have higher expectations of Taiwan, I dont see it as cutesy cartoon character. Government officials are civil servants, when they do well, we can praise them and when they fuck up they should be criticized.

Taiwan government did some things very well and should be praised for and the things it did badly should be criticised. Just like everywhere

Optimism is good if its based in something rational. But just pretending that things are ok, when they are not is infantile. People need to deal with the actual situation and make like decisions based on that, pretending that everything will just go away soon and then getting in a hissy fit when people criticize the government is just setting yourself up for failure.

People have jobs, families, businesses and lifes to live. “Hopium” might be good for you, but its not good for people to make realistic plans with.

3 Likes

You are stuck in the past repeating that Taiwan government should have done this or that a few months back.

Government is focused on the present dealing with crisis, and calling our friends to get vaccines in, and 2.5 millons are landing right now, which posters “who cares about the now” are commenting about

Eat your own medicine!

1 Like

Oh I think most of us now are focused more on the “now”, we want things to get better, which only happens by dealing realistically with the situation.

Apologies, I dont think you are dealing with the ‘now’, I think you are just indulging in denial-ism and fantasy to escape the situation. If that works for you, then great, but for people who need to be realistic it doesnt. Nothing changes or gets better if you dont understand what the problem is. Usually the most useless people in companies are the “everything will be ok” people.

Its good that more vaccines have come, who said otherwise. That doesnt change the situation that we are still short of vaccines and on the current roadmap, we dont have enough order of vaccines for 70% of people to get double shots.

Native speaker?

2 Likes

Has that plane landed yet?

EDIT: Seems so. But no confirmation yet. CI5169 (CAL5169) 中华航空有限公司 航班跟蹤和歷史資料 - FlightAware

2 Likes

It was the same thing last year in UK and US. Knew people defending Boris Johnson and Trump saying the same things verbatim.

“You couldnt do any better” “They are doing the best they can” etc.

Thats not how things get better

2 Likes

CAL5169 carrying the vaccines from the US has landed in Taipei at 4:31pm

8 Likes

Around 5% as a few days ago. There are several links here, including a guy on Twitter that has very cute charts.

The talking point is blue media. KMT now pushing why there are more donated vaccines than bought ones. Good question: what is delaying the bought ones? One, production does not catch up. Second, well, we got some interference to buy more.

Again, the vaccines were purchased when they were still at experimental stage last year…and have not been delivered yet. We are getting the surplus of stockpile. The approximate date for delivery of the purchases done so far is August. We can keep vaccinating throughout July with what we have and hope the international companies honor their deliveries. We also have local production to back up.

2 Likes

So as of today there will be about 4.6 million vaccine shots already in in Taiwan.

There are ten million domestic arriving at end of August. So thats 14.6 million.

Are there any other orders that are scheduled now for June, July and August?

i thought domestic vaccines were coming in JULY

I saw this number today - I’ve seen more detailed information, but that’ll be a bit harder to find.
https://twitter.com/WilliamYang120/status/1406502306598637578?s=20

I mean if you guys are going to play this denialist fantasy game and then deem anyone criticising government as having exterior motives or an agenda, then enjoy your little echo chamber while the rest of us live in the real world.

These arent KMT talking points, even DPP politicians admit there has been a problem. Criticizing the DPP doesnt make you pro KMT or Pro China.

3 Likes

Live streams of the plane landing and unloading it’s cargo.

3 Likes