Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Na they will be approved in July and some shots available, but mass manufacturing will take a month

Up to a point, yes. Suggest/criticize there could have been more done, yes, but over and over and over…while not acknowledging what has been done or is being done is what seems sus.

Like the repetitive questions and statements of " there are no vaccines…no vaccines have been purchased…there is no information on vaccination". These statements are untrue and yet crop up repeatedly to instill doubt.

I’d rather take the “COVID is a lie by the illuminati to control the new world economy” as purported by our Formosan conspiracy fans.

As I said before, we’ll come back to see this with a different perspective when you are standing with a gazillion people trying to catch the train home after the Taipei 101 New Year fireworks.

2 Likes

WTF, I dont think anyone has said that.

The rest of us are just dealing with the facts and dealing with the actual situation, not fantasies or conspiracies. There arent enough vaccines right now and there isnt a solid schedule for us to have enough vaccines. Thats the situation

Yeah this kind of denialism isnt too far away from those guys, its the same thing as the Trumpsters, “everything will just dissapear for reasons”

1 Like

They just finished taking some pictures with Minister Chen and AIT director Christensen with the vaccine cargo in the background.

Rather than the bog-standard boring thumbs up pose I wish we could have gotten something more lively…maybe something like the Dragonball Z fusion pose. For future batches it should be required that a real Shiba dog is used in the thank you pictures and a fun and exciting pose used for press photos.

6 Likes

has this been reported on the thread already?

23.5m? what?

Dangerous typo there from VOA. More surprising is that they haven’t even fixed it yet…

4 Likes

The time stamp on the article is from 40 minutes ago, 4:54 am in DC.

Let’s hold breath in case it was released in error, and they only meant 2.5

Edit : Yes, probably a typo

2 Likes

It does to deep green farmers, and non-ROC nationals who teach or edit first (but become intolerant political pundits as hobbyists).

Kind of makes me miss the old days when Soong used to deport such troublemakers.

English article from FocusTaiwan about the arrival from the U.S.

Also includes the chart that was on CNA yesterday.

6 Likes

Not going to happen, but surely the best thing to do would be to send all the vaccines to wenhwa and banqiao. I mean vaccinating some old people down south where there aren’t any cases is pointless right now. Not gonna happen but…

1 Like

whats going on with the GOU donation?

1 Like

Actually the cases have been reduced so much in Wanhua the testing station in Bopiliao is going to be repurposed as a vaccination station.

1 Like

you should see the cesspit of bullshit that reddit has become.

Vaccinating old folks down south is pointless? Are you insane? What if we see an uptick in cases down South from all the Dragon Boat Festival traveling?

TBH, even if there are zero cases down South, these old groups there should be prioritized to minimize number of deaths in case “things go South” (pun intended)

6 Likes

Ok, but there is still a case for targeting certain areas for surge vaccinations. With so few cases, that and tracing contacts would get us back to zero really fast.

I guess I must be insane.

Yes indeed.

However, the contagion foci keep shifting, the asymptomatic still wanders around spreading not joy… Keep vulnerable folk protected and keep the guard up.

2 Likes

Considering it took 8 weeks to get to 1%, 2 weeks to get to 2%, and 1 week to get to 3%, and now we’re around 6%, things are looking better and better. With all the new vaccine donations and accelerating daily numbers of vaxed people, we could see 10% vaxed by the end of the month.

6 Likes

Hmm yeah Taiwan has ~23.5 million people…I guess that is where that number came from.

What a crazy mistake…this needs to be edited ASAP

2 Likes