Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Help populate the side effects survey.
A lot of new reports of side effects being posted here, which is great! Please also do the survey so we can gather statistics.

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/a-z-vaccine-side-effect-survey/206331/22

Well you might not be able to get both AZ. Like I said, the stock runs out soon and they donā€™t have any more coming in the near future.

How do you know the efficacy of the Taiwanese wonder vaccine if it has never been tested under real life conditions? For the safety at least you have some real life sample. Not very big, so will not show rare side effects, but nevertheless still real life. For efficacy in real life you have nothing.

1 Like

First time Iā€™ve heard this oneā€¦but I told someone I got the vaccine yesterday so thatā€™s why I was feeling a bit tired today and their first response surprisingly wasnā€™t some anti-vax propoganda, they seriously asked me if Iā€™m allowed to take a showerā€¦thatā€™s right a shower. They said they heard that you arenā€™t allowed to take a shower after getting the AZ vaccineā€¦

4 Likes

Get hydrated. Heard it makes a big difference.

I took this the second day and I started feeling better:

Or any kind of stuff that is not carbonated like Pocari or Fiin. Maybe even juice.

I was thinking to ask you what pharmacy-grade electrolyte drink you were referring to the other day when you mentioned it.

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d want to drink this though. Something about the typeface and packaging makes me suspicious of its composition. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

If this is the case, Iā€™ll go back to the US in July and get a full course of Pfizer or Moderna.

1 Like

Maybe itā€™s because youā€™d still have a bandaid on the injection site!

2 Likes

Well they sell it at a reputable place and their range of products included the same stuff but for kids.

Anyways it gives you a starting pointā€¦and it is a lot better content wise than Pocari or Gatoradeā€¦if you could find it. Your kidneys will not ache when you drink this.

Just drink lots of water and non caffeinated tea.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing a case of Chinese whispers! When babyā€™s get some types of vaccine shots youā€™re advised not to give them a hot bath for 24hrs.

Because they test in the cell cultures first. So youā€™ll have an idea that they have some efficacy.
For rare side effects you need to observe cross the population so Iā€™m more concerned about that. Not because rare side effects are a huge problem but because people wonā€™t take the vaccine. A relatively low efficacy rate wont stop folks taking the vaccine as long as itā€™s 60%, 70% itā€™s probably enough to get started.
My first choice would be the govt to throw money at Pfizer and Moderna not this malarkey. BUT Taiwan does need home grown vaccine capability due to the geopolitical situation .

My experience with the AZ vaccine, had it on Monday morning, Mackay was a bit of challenge in terms of logistics. Long lines and disorganised but after about 3 hours I left the hospital with a shiny new yellow vaccine card.

Side effects -

Monday after the jab, sore arm. No issues sleeping and no fever.

Yesterday, I felt hungover all day. Took paracetamol/whatever Americans call it around 7pm. Headache cleared within an hour.

Today, Iā€™m 100%

Would recommend, Iā€™ll be back again. 9/10

6 Likes

please leave review on Trip Advisor

1 Like

I literally copied and pasted this from my TripAdvisor review, how did you know? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

No Sherlock!

4 Likes

So glad I got mine last week!

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m Mackay right now and I canā€™t believe how incredibly disorganized and crowded it is. I waited in line for 30 minutes just to have a ā€œdoctorā€ have me look at a computer screen with warnings like [summarized] ā€œDo you have Northern European ancestry? If so, you should know that those countries have advised not to take the shot.ā€

They need to completely rethink this vaccine rollout, because this process is broken.

9 Likes

Anyone get a shot yesterday or today? Are the hospitals still overcrowded and full of people all in close proximity to each other in the covid vaccination areas? Feels like Taiwan should of learned from other countries how to do Covid vaccinationsā€¦

Anyways hereā€™s my update on how Iā€™m feeling. 2 days after shot Feel great, all side effects are gone except for soreness in area where shot was administered. Had a hard time getting to sleep last night though, woke up sweating in middle of the night and had to get up for a couple of hours and try to relax.

6 Likes

Shitty reporting!

"The data also shows that there were around 180,000 doses remaining, both for people on the centerā€™s priority list based on their vulnerability and those not on the list but who will be expected to pay a higher price if they want the jab.

Among the 180,000 AstraZeneca doses, 110,000 will expire by the end of May, with the remainder set to expire on June 15, Chen said.

Previously criticized for a low vaccination rate before this weekā€™s surge in domestic COVID-19 cases, Chen said he is now concerned about whether there will be sufficient stocks.

Taiwan confirmed seven new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases on Tuesday and 16 more on Wednesday, the highest number of domestic infections reported in a single day in the country since the pandemic began.

As of Wednesday, most hospitals in metropolitan areas had reported that registration for the self-paid program is already full.

For instance, National Taiwan University Hospital in Taipei, which offers 200-240 slots per weekday, said reservation is full for the coming two weeks."

Just write that programs are full!