Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Let’s all thank China for this.

Thanks China!

2 Likes

Considering that the second AZ batch will expire on 15 June and that the date of arrival of the new one is a yet to be confirmed July something, I guess that none of us will get vaccinated in the second half of June (my second jab is supposed to be on 26th).

I am also planning to wait until the end of July anyway to get to 12 weeks at least.

For those who are new here I got my vaccination more than 3 weeks ago now. I haven`t had any side effects.
With a big group of friends we all signed-up at the moment when self-financed option became available.
Out of nine people:
2 out of 9 people - no side effects
3 out of 9 people - fever for the first night, gone for the next day
2 out of 9 people - headache (according to them like a hangover) the next morning
5 out of 9 people - general joint pain
1 out of 9 people - small nausea the first night
(obviously some people experienced more than 1 side effect)

All of us (them) felt better the next day after the vaccine, some of us had minor tiredness but it went away within a few hours during the 3rd or 4th day after waking up.
Only one of us decided to report sick at work but he felt better by the afternoon.

I think it is obvious but for the record: this is not a representative study :smiley: just our experience. Get vaccinated if you can!

11 Likes

Thing is a lot of Taiwanese are acting like the vaccine is worse than covid.

5 Likes

Of two people I know in person (besides me) who got vaccinated last week, neither had any side effects. I had slight but tolerable symptoms the day after.

I booked in Friday.

1 Like

Just got first vaccine dose today but it’s not looking good for any of us waiting for the second dose. There are apparently months of delays in getting more shipments. According to folks at the hospital, they have no idea when they’ll get the next batch in, so might be better to get 2nd az dose in a different country.

1 Like

Could you explain the process ?

How old are you guys?

Seems the taiwanese vaccine is being mass produced and it’s fairly similar to AZ

30s and early 40s

Any source for this?

I thought they are protein vaccines not an aadv vaccine…They won’t have any problem producing the Taiwanese vaccines in huge amounts . Its just the efficacy and safety have to be assessed. In fact the efficacy is likely to be OK the unknowns are the safety profiles.

1 Like

I’m 55 and got the vaccine 2 days ago. No side effects other than a sore middle deltoid.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’d feel very secure taking a different vaccine to the first one I received for the second dose

You need to go to the website for the hospital near you.

They will have a covid 19 vaccine calendar. Choose the date that suits you and has open spaces. Book in.

I needed arc, phone number, email and date of birth.

Then confirm. Simple really.

What a difference a day makes, negatively in my case. The headache I woke up with is still here, along with brain fog and malaise. I’ve taken two naps today and now I have a low fever. I knew all of this was possible but I didn’t think I’d be affected after having no side effects yesterday.
I don’t feel like I’m dying but it’s certainly not comfortable. I’m 58 by the way (it was asked above).

5 Likes

Why?

Recent studies suggest it’s better but are preliminary.

Even after both AZ I’ll try to get Moderna or Pfizer too.

Save some for the rest of us will ya?

2 Likes

Here’s a link if anyone wants to see it.

1 Like