Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Nice. Any amount helps!

3 Likes

Lithuania is a an interesting case, quit the 17+1 arrangement, they have been getting a lot of backlash from the Chinese government recently

Is this related to BRI—or is it something else?

Guy

Kinda but the BRI is so nebulous, its hard to say what is and what isnt.

1 Like

No offense but sending a plane just for 20 thousand doses seems like a waste of money. If the doses can hitchhike on another plane then that’s fine.

It’s the thought that counts. :slightly_smiling_face:

I wonder if this will lead to @OysterOmelet amending his planned travel itinerary.

Guy

2 Likes

20000 is like 20% of our daily rate now. Not bad at all. Plus great for Lithuania-Taiwan relations!

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus

Take out / food delivery apps, not dining in I am assuming.

Yeah I’ll take it. That’s 10,000 people in priority groups who are not only less likely to get sick and die, but also who are less likely to infect others.

It’s certainly much better than the US’ donation of just 80 vials to Trinidad and Tobago.

4 Likes

Who the hell wants to got to a mall to buy take-out food? Why are malls and department stores still open?

1 Like

I do! If it weren’t pouring down rain right now, I’d be trekking across Danshui for take-out department store Burger King.

1 Like

Little chart from the press herself.

People who work around those places.

If the local media keeps publishing stories like this we are never going to be able to open up.

Headline: Baby dies after breastfeeding mother vaccinated with AZ!

2 Likes

I agree. I can’t imagine pregnant and new mothers ever wanting to get that vaccine now.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to book the appointment for the second shot?

The hospital where I went to for the first one (self-paid) does not have a “Vaccination Area” any more.

Lengthy discussion with unclear answers over here:

1 Like

Yes, I know :laughing: I actually replied too with the unclear info that I had last week.

A friend suggested I use the CDC Line group, but I gave up after arguing with the bot that replied to my “2nd dose”, “book vaccine”, “booking system” and so on keywords with “are you pregnant?” and “this is how to use a disinfectant correctly”. Not sure whether I should laugh or throw the phone out of the window.

2 Likes

Yep. Friends, colleagues, neighbors, not hesitant but just saying plain no, ain’t gonna happen, not going to vaccinate. Just like that.

And I just realized I am in no position to try to influence or convince them. My point of view ain’t their point of view. And they are afraid. I was afraid. Whatever their reasons, it is an individual choice.

That said, I also think the press has an agenda. Now they are building resistance towards foreign and local vaccines. They are adding to the pile. And it is a losing battle. The garbage spewed in Line is reinforced by the more reputable press. Factual or not, the information is manipulated. It ain’t fair.

And it will soon reach a critical point. Once we get the cases under control, there will be less motivation to vaccinate. Travel abroad? Even less enticing as a carrot.

This is a real pickle.

3 Likes