Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Foreigners having to calculate birth years on an “our glorious leader” basis is a recipe for data entry errors.

3 Likes

@au must be incredibly busy, but whoever was in charge of translation really could do better than this. :neutral_face:

Guy

Isn’t there supposed to be an app? Can’t find it in Google Play and can’t see an QR code anywhere.

Yes!
Please don’t confuse it with the “Eternal Leader” basis.

App is here, 全民健保行動快易通 | 健康存摺 - Apps on Google Play

And you’ll likely need to go through this, 健保卡網路服務註冊-登入 (nhi.gov.tw)

1 Like

OK, that one, think I had this before, thought there was a separate one for the vaccination. Thanks!

Of course it doesn’t work with ARC numbers, right?

The mobile authentication for the NHI express app didn’t work with ARC numbers (same technical issue as this year’s tax filing system).

Good news: We’ve fixed it with the TWCA and telecom operators; both new- and old- style ARC numbers will be supported once the platform launches.

Aside: The “not eligible” message is because the platform is currently in closed beta and does not translate to vaccine eligibility. If you are receiving second jab of AZ, please check with the original hospital where the first jab was given to you.

35 Likes

Some were able to get to the appointments. But nothing available yet.

:point_down:

4 Likes

I think there was a foreigner on here who was in the priority groups, and got vaccinated recently. So it may simply just be, albeit a very big one, a communication problem?

1 Like

@au off topic, but your QR registration system with the automated messages for entering places was an example of streamlined brilliance. Thank you for your hard work.

25 Likes

So I guess the special vaccination event for foreigners 75 years old and older in Taipei is because the new platform has not launched?

65 and older will be eligible starting July 1st. I hope the new platform will have launched by then. I’m not in that group but I think there won’t be a small number of foreigners by the time we get to that age.

I think most of us can handle enough Mandarin to get a shot with a group of Taiwanese. We don’t really need a special event just for us.

Thank you for your hard work.

4 Likes

:rofl:
Because everyone is scared of the media.

2 Likes

Hi Audrey, slightly off topic but:

If you had to edit the system specifically to accept new ARC numbers, then what’s the point of the new ARC format? It should work by default.

If it doesn’t, then how’s it different to the old format, and what is the purpose of the format change?