Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

What are you saying?The news is saying a few cases per day in Shenzhen, Dongguan, Guangzhou and Foshan. The last two cities have been basically locked down for a month and they have been testing millions of people everyday. I dont believe the numbers that its just single digits, but its hard to get a grasp on the situation.

Delta is on the rise.
By fall it will be the dominant strain in most places.
Any vaccine not effective for that strain will be obsolete.

That the Chinese government is well-known for doing anything they can to stop the spread of news which is unfavourably serious to their image. This can make it hard to get a grasp on the situation.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the delta + that just been discovered which is again “more transmissible” than delta variant.

1 Like

Yes, of course.
Lots of letters in the alphabet left.

If the new variants keep spreading faster and faster, the one good thing to come out of this pandemic is that the speed of light will finally be broken.

1 Like

in the report it says its been detected in US, UK, Portugal, Poland, Nepal, Switzerland, Japan, China and Russia

Ok could you make this simple for me, sorry I am not as bright as some of the others on here in regards to IT. This is my question.
My first self paid vaccine was cancelled and reallocated to someone else more important. I booked that under an old APRC with the non updated numbers. They told me not to cancel and that I was still on the list. Now what? Should I go and get a new style APRC number and try to rebook?
Do I then also have to change my NHI card and driving license too? :persevere:

The Tzu Chi Foundation handed in application papers yesterday to the FDA to purchase 5 million doses of the BNT German vaccine.

2 Likes

That happened to me too. I don’t think there’s going to be any way to be put on a priority list or otherwise expedite vaccinations for folks like us. It sucks but I’m pretty sure that’s just the way it is. I still have my printed out appointment papers (for me and my wife), but they’ve been placed in a drawer and will be thrown away probably soon.

I thought it was clear above that both new and old APRC numbers will be supported. So you can use whichever number you have on hand now when your turn comes up. The old appointment will not be considered in any way when you do make your new appointment.

2 Likes

FTFY

This is what my wife was saying about the MIL.
But I told them they got it all backwards. Taiwan media is messed up.

1 Like

Simply not true in many cases.

1 Like

That would be hard in my case, with my pre existing conditions. Likely someone more connected.

3 Likes

Like the PC home boss you mean?

2 Likes

Look at the priority 7 list. Many of them are not really vulnerable. What they are are government workers and staff that may come in contact with the public (beyond medical staff…Over 75s etc). They represent a disease vector risk.

1 Like

It will be so fast that you will not even be able to detect you have been infected .:grinning:

1 Like

If you’re so vulnerable and have medical conditions contact the hospital/ doctor, that can do an assessment and recommend you are a priority if deemed so.

3 Likes

Ok good idea. Where is that facility available?

1 Like

There are a lot of moving pieces here, but this part of the Seattle Times piece linked above caught my attention:

In Indonesia, where a new variant is spreading, more than 350 doctors and health care workers recently came down with COVID-19 despite being fully vaccinated with Sinovac, according to the risk mitigation team of the Indonesian Medical Association. Across the country, 61 doctors died between February and June 7. Ten of them had taken the Chinese-made vaccine, the association said.

The numbers were enough to make Kenneth Mak, Singapore’s director of medical services, question the use of Sinovac. “It’s not a problem associated with Pfizer,” said Mak at a news conference on Friday. “This is actually a problem associated with the Sinovac vaccine.”

Guy

4 Likes