Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Logic, so far, has not played any part in COVID decisions generally. So I’m not expecting miracles.

The UK side will probably be fine. I’m more worried about how things are going to play out in Taiwan.

Funnily enough the fares seem to be about average.

Time will tell. If tomorrow’s infection numbers are lower than today’s, that would be a good sign that we’re beginning to contain this.

Operable?

My mom will need surgery soon, but it looks hopeful.

No, a ragbag of idiopathic problems. Just running out of time, basically.

I guess a lot of people here have parents of a certain age. Are you heading back “home”?

I had mine almost 2 weeks ago, and it was chaotic then.

So they still haven’t streamlined the process? So much of it could be cut—the initial doctor check for starters. And the initial registration could be done at a separate counter to get people through quicker–and pay when you register.

That would cut it down to 30-40 minutes. If that.

2 Likes

Filling out all the health info online would help too. Then when you get there, you should just be able to sign a printout.

Plus dispense with the blood pressure scans. They’re rarely accurate. I always check my BP when I’m relaxed at home, but when I get it measured at the hospital it’s always significantly elevated because of rushing to get there plus “hospital anxiety”.

8 Likes

I’m definitely going home at Christmas and plan for the return quarantine time. I haven’t been home since August of 2019 and my folks are in their mid-80’s.

6 Likes

Mine is always elevated because I am NEVER EVER calm measuring blood pressure. Even the act of putting the cuff on is enough to raise it a bit.

Plus the one my dad left me, it’s always reading high for some reason. The ones at the hospital reads normal IF I calm down for at least 15 minutes. Otherwise it always read like 150/90 no matter what. I think that whole cuff thing gets you too excited.

1 Like

Vaccinate or the man is gonna dna test you and out your screwing whores to the public. AHAHAHA oh man, this time its actual gold.

“” On Thursday (May 13), Health Minister and CECC head Chen Shih-chung (陳時中) told the media that the gene sequences of the cluster infections in New Taipei’s Luzhou District and Yilan’s Luodong Township are the same as that of Taoyuan’s Novotel hotel cluster. In addition, he said that a former Lions Club president from New Taipei City’s Luzhou District and a tea parlor hostess in Taipei’s Wanhua District appear to have had a “person-to-person connection”"

Is this how brothels and illegal prostitution gets sorted now? Oh man, in stitches.

Vaccination could have prevented such enforcement of laws.

Got the shot yesterday. Now 38.9°C fever and mild headache - so definitely plan some days off after getting it :face_with_thermometer:

5 Likes

That’s pretty high, no?! Seems to be just below the level where it’s recommended to go to a doctor?

I’m feeling mostly fine at the moment - got vaccinated around 4pm yesterday then spent the next few hours walking around doing shopping and stuff. I was pretty knackered when I got home around 9pm and ended up falling asleep for the next couple of hours, but that’s probably from the walking/heat/humidity rather than the vaccine.

My upper arm has just started to ache a bit but that’s about it so far. Let’s see how it is later today.

5 Likes

Hydrate! Rest! Enjoy.

3 Likes

No can do here. I’m going to have to soldier on regardless, so hopefully I don’t get hit bad.

In the line up now after some confusion caused by my lack of Chinese speaking skills.

Anyone have any good resources for learning speaking. I can read and understand at a level I can function in society I just can’t speak.

1 Like

A few “selfish” thoughts about the second jab, i hope you guys don’t mind:

For Tri-Service hospital you cannot register more than 2weeks ahead (not like there is an open spot).
So now the situation is that a few weeks ago everyone refused to get vaccinated (fear, not accurate information from media, lack of personal research) and then the government made it clear that the vaccines will expire soon so they opened up some self-financed slots. A few weeks back some of us (mostly because we are living in the reality) decided to be responsible and take the vaccine as soon as its possible - you know… The best vaccine is the one you can get today… And now it seems like we won’t get the second shot?
It might seems selfish but this is imo unacceptable and should be discussed. Why offer a first jab when you cannot give a second one?

I understand that they might get 10,000 more people vaccinated but this is still very irresponsible.

Sorry if I am complaining too much I just don’t get it how something like this can happen? I had to let some steam go :smile:

By the way, isn’t the second shot slightly differs from the first one? I thought with adeno-vector vaccines thats the case.

1 Like

Which hospital?

After getting the first shot yesterday (at a different hospital though), they gave me an appointment for the second one in 8 weeks. From what I understand, the registration is only needed for the first one - the hospital will take care about the appointment for the second one.

Of course, that only works if there is enough vaccine available at the time of the second appointment. But from what I understand, there will be more deliveries soon.

1 Like

Most of us during the first days only got a recommended time

1 Like

I just saw something saying taiwan homegrown vaccine may be ready to use by July.

That’s a lot of people for a trial. For something like this you’d think you only need like 50 people.