Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Oh.
Not my observation.

2 Likes

Yeah

7 Likes

The airlines probably also don’t want to deal with blood clots at 30,000 feet.

Lol. Diving and snorkeling.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree the mask obsession is kinda crazy.

1 Like

Very quotable.

It’s almost as though Fosun, like the CCP, is pretending the Taiwanese government simply does not exist, while at the same time painting it as the entity creating obstacles!

In essence, it’s a way of trying to force the Taiwanese government to accept, through backdoor maneuvers, that China has the right to negotiate for it

Edit
And just to make it clear what kind of interests are behind the push for Chinese vaccine in Taiwan, the White Wolf has threatened minister Chen. Unless he accepts Chinese vaccine…

4 Likes

The White Wolf is Wacko!!

1 Like

Tool of the PRC, and vicious illiberal proponent of Chinese nationalism.

That guy is bad news! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Guy

1 Like

20 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Vaccine Discussion

Some key points:

…safety checks should be completed Wednesday afternoon. The vaccines will be distributed on Thursday and should be available for use on Friday.

Chen said they would administer them according to priority groups. The first priority would be frontline medical workers serving COVID patients while the second would be all medical workers. The third would be epidemic prevention workers.

The article also provides a number that, as of Monday, 302,698 doses have been administered. From the two previous batches received Taiwan had a total of 316,200 doses, meaning that only 13,502 doses were left as of Monday…so by the time the new batch is ready for use on Friday all the doses from previous batches should be used up.

https://en.rti.org.tw/news/view/id/2005422?fbclid=IwAR2WstCUNb13y6vZuuBdPJBSDc-ySL0AlWCu5Ab8O867RFuILj6LfjHK64U

I hope we can get some information in the coming weeks about how many people have been fully vaccinated. Those who got their shots in March (the first few priority groups plus the politicians) should have gotten their second shot recently, or will get it soon since vaccination started on March 22.

400,000 AstraZeneca vaccine doses that Taiwan received May 19, will be distributed to hospitals across the country on Thursday (5/27).

3 Likes

Shit headline as usual, should be ‘adults in Taiwan’. And we have no idea what’s going to happen with the second doses.

4 Likes

Ha, good point. I suspect a large percentage of those aren’t Taiwanese citizens - especially as of a week ago.

Then again, I’m kind of glad the press aren’t writing stories like “Why did 40% of Taiwanese vaccines go to these foreign interlopers?!”

Wait, shouldn’t this be in the vaccine in Taiwan thread?
Thanks mods for moving this cluster of posts!

1 Like

311,678 doses as of yesterday… total doses we have before the new shipment becomes available is 316,200. Unfortunately next few days will have very few vaccinations.

The vaccines, probably even the Chinese ones, could mean that even if you got it it’s just a flu. Without a vaccine it’s a pretty decent chance of more serious complications.

But Taiwan’s too keen on politics and will not even accept BNT vaccines because it’s from China…

Beijing is basically saying they are ready to deliver vaccines immediately. I expect pressure from the people to accept. Most Taiwanese are rather indifferent to China by the way.

3 Likes

Well if the Taiwanese, who mostly at first didn’t show any interest in being vaccinated, fall for this narrative and all of a sudden decide that Chinese vaccines that are proving to be among the least effective of the world’s vaccines would be a good thing for Taiwan, perhaps we’ve all overestimated Taiwan?

1 Like

Why buy and waste money on something nobody would take? Can we trust Fosun and Sinovac to not tamper with it and not collect our DNA and personal information? Can we trust them to not turn this into a propaganda victory and leave health apolitical? Can we trust the contract to be free from sovereignty clauses?

1 Like

You think the Vaccines will be able to record our DNA?

The Fosun vaccines are probably ok, but there is no way that the DPP can accept

1 Like

No. But I stay away from Chinese bio anything.

1 Like

I get that you don’t like China, but this is heading into conspiracy theory territory now. How on earth do you suppose that a foreign company selling foreign vaccines to Taiwan via a Chinese company is going to let someone collect your DNA and personal info?

8 Likes