Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - November/December 2021

Maybe that’s the carrot for some of them to line up for their shot - 3 days off !!!

1 Like

The person on the other side of 1922 was clueless. I called a couple more clinics and eventually one said: yeah, just come today, because we have enough.

So if anyone else urgently needs vaxx for upcoming travel, you can call around some clinics. However, the 14th round includes everyone, so if you can wait a couple weeks, you can go the official route.

5 Likes

209,832 doses given yesterday, of which 150,343 were second doses. 9,145,889 are now fully vaccinated which is 39.03% of the Total Population.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/OPCojR0kGNedKiX_ulvOzw

EDIT - as the Fully Vaccinated Percentage will probably be the crucial number for Immigration and Quarantine matters over the coming months, anyone interested should bookmark the link listed below (I am not its author, so please don’t ask me about what’s in it). Bear in mind that the percentages quoted by the CDC (39.03) are against the total population, when in fact those aged under 12 are not eligible for vaccination. Take about 10% out for that and the 39.03% jumps to 43.03%.

7 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Vaccine Discussion

The HSR is completely back to normal, with the exception of mask wearing. Even serving crap food.

3 Likes

The forecast to be 80% double dosed seems too far in future. I think we should hit 80% double dose in Jan at latest.

Anybody here who got vaccined using a new NHI card?

I was able to register for a 2nd dose using my old NHI card. But I was wondering if it’s worth bringing up at the clinic that I have a new NHI card because I have a new APRC card as well? Does it matter? Any tips?

1 Like

Agreed. Those forecasts are, I think, based on the average no of doses per day, which is down on the high 300’s we were seeing a couple of weeks ago. When the daily doses rise as they probably will soon, those dates should get closer to the current date.

Moderna-only gang can book appointment now. Wasn’t in a rush.

3 Likes

235,616 doses given yesterday, of which 151,434 were second doses. 9,314,904 are now fully vaccinated which is 39.75% of the Total Population.
(The total number in the attachment looks a bit ‘fishy’ as its the same as the day before - and looking at the quoted total from yesterday reveals the difference to be 235,616 which is what I have used).
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/GorTYC-SHgoBFdNsjysUzQ

4 Likes

Booked and ready.

2 Likes

Why now … they already injected to many young soldiers WTF

Yup, I know. I’m right on the cutoff so probably fine. Both myocarditis and blood clots freak me out but gotta get something. I chose moderna over pfizer since it didn’t do so well in isreal.

How about coffee? Are they serving coffee again?

I didn’t notice. I tend to avoid looking too closely at the snack trolley lest I vomit.

When are they going to add proper drinks like gin and tonics?

1 Like

And two more shipments today.

926,600 doses of BNT arrived this morning.

1,226,100 doses of Moderna to arrive this evening.

5 Likes

Wow. Things are moving!

Guy

The original Moderna order was for 5,050,000 doses and today’s arrival brings the total doses delivered to 4,941,300 so that order is effectively done with just 108,700 outstanding.

The subsequent Moderna orders are for 1M to be delivered in Q4, 20M in 2022 and 15M in 2023 - presumably most of that is for booster shots.

2 Likes

185,611 doses given yesterday, of which 134,649 were second doses. 9,465,419 are now fully vaccinated which is 40.43% of the Total Population.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/2bF5DQqyyPVGGR50VipUIA

4 Likes