Costa Rica: Can anyone give me any info on teaching there?

Some of my family members are planning to relocate to Costa Rica (probably a town near a beach - not San Jose) and I was thinking of joining them.

Has anyone ever taught in Costa Rica or know of the teacher’s market there? I have checked eslcafe.com and there is not too much info. Does anyone have any first hand experience?

Thanks!

you’ll save a ton on hookers and blow (if you are into that).

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: You crack me up! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

MM -
teach WHAT?

I have lived and worked in CR.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]
I have lived and worked in CR.[/quote]

So, give. What was it like?

Do you recommend it over other countries in Central and South America?

[quote=“Got To Be Kidding”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]
I have lived and worked in CR.[/quote]

So, give. What was it like?

Do you recommend it over other countries in Central and South America?[/quote]

Probably was some
secret
stuff. He could tell you about it, but you prolly won’t be around to tell. That Che was a hard man to catch, yeah? Moved around quite a bit. :smiley:

GTBK -
At the time, mid-late 80s I liked it. Even made plans to move there. The western coast, Golfo de Sucre and points south of Punta Arenas. Good access by the CenAm Highway.
However, as usually happens, life changes.
Its a bit rocky there now as the grapevine tells. Economic instability. Things go in phases so I guess it’ll stabilize somehow.

As far as ‘recommend’ it over other Central/South American countries?
Depends on what you want. Right now, IMO, Chile looks good. Also the coastal areas of Uruguay. Good economy, good political stability. It just depends on what you are looking for finding or developing. I also liked the northern coast of Honduras area. La Ceiba for example. Good climate, good people. Lot of touristy things to do concerning the water.

One thing about Costa Rica - stay the hell away from the Limon area - man that place sucks…and not in a good way. The ‘Old Capital’ Cartago is a better place to see historical CR than San Jose.

Although San Jose has, or at least used to have, some very interesting places and people.

Like I say…it depends on why you’re going there.

p.s…engrish is pretty much the main lingo and the Spanish is traditional Spanish. Not some jumble-jive speed rap full of weird patois dialect…just a tip.

Come to Ecuador…it’s only 8USD a pop I shit u not! Interested?? :smiley: